• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Coloration

Country
unitedstates
I didn't see anything in the instructions issued with ADE Alpha 17 about coloration of aprons, polygons, etc., so I thought I would express my findings.

The Raw Data View (Ctrl-Enter) includes a Coloration list which can be modified to set the color of aprons. Alpha is set to 255 for opaque. Since the aprons are different shades of gray, all the colors are usually set the same and can be set anywhere between 0 for black through 255 for white. ColorationOverrides must be set to True for it to take effect.

I'm not sure what the intention is for GroundMerging in the Flags list, but it is apparent that true causes the Bing imagery under the apron to cast discoloration to the apron making it look more realistic in my opinion. This seems to be the default for existing aprons at MSFS airports.

To make patches of different color shades on asphalt aprons, Taxi_Bitume is a good choice since it overlays the other surfaces and then can be color-adjusted in Raw Data View.

To access coloration for runways in Raw Data View, the Runway tree must be expanded to show other lists, including Coloration. Existing MSFS airport taxiways are made from aprons with links added for centerlines, taxi lights, etc., and aprons are also placed under runways. The Alpha setting can be changed from 255 to a lower number to add transparency without losing the runway markings. Various asphalt shades for the aprons under the runway will then show as runway patches that occur in real life.

patches.JPG

Coloration changes are also useful in customizing scenery polygons.

I'm really enjoying what is possible in the developing ADE program.