Command Line Boundary Errors

BoundaryStarts don't seem to get valid coordinates.
Tried it on some of BNXWorldN files (FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery) and decompiled boundaries look like this:

Code:
   <Boundary
      type="CLASS_B"
      name="SKIATHOS TMA"
      >
      <BoundaryStart
[B][COLOR="Red"]         lat="0.0"
         lon="0.0"[/COLOR][/B]
         minimumAltitudeType="AGL"
         altitudeMinimum="8500.0F"
         maximumAltitudeType="AGL"
         altitudeMaximum="14500.0F"/>
      <Line
         lat="39.416667"
         lon="24.033334"/>
      <Line
         lat="38.966667"
         lon="24.0"/>
      <Line
         lat="38.932222"
         lon="23.549444"/>
      <Line
         lat="38.913889"
         lon="23.281944"/>
      <Line
         lat="39.19"
         lon="23.436944"/>
      <Line
         lat="39.315558"
         lon="23.38215"/>
      <Line
[B][COLOR="Green"]         lat="39.416667"
         lon="23.333333"[/COLOR][/B]/>
   </Boundary>
Latitude and longitude of BoundaryStart should correspond to the lat and lon of last subelement.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
BoundaryStarts don't seem to get valid coordinates.
Tried it on some of BNXWorldN files (FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery) and decompiled boundaries look like this:

Latitude and longitude of BoundaryStart should correspond to the lat and lon of last subelement.
Hi Paavo,

Thanks - This will be a general bug with SDE then. I will take a look at what is happening

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Update

I have found the bug causing this - at the same time I have found some other problems which I now need to fix for boundary de-compile.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I am at the bottom of this now. There is a mistake in my understanding of the format for drawing records relating to boundaries (arc, circle etc). It was thought that the identifier was the first two bytes of the 10 byte record (i.e. a word). This is wrong. Byte one is the identifier for the type of the drawing element and byte two is the index of the origin to which the element relates. Arcs (clock and counter-clock) and circles are attached to an origin. There can be multiple origins and byte one of all drawing records represents the type and for arcs, origins and circles byte two represents the index number for the origin. This byte is zero for starts and lines.

SDE now handles this correctly and can display boundaries with multiple origins.

Comments

Hi, Jon

I would suggest you to add a comment line in the file decompiled with SDE, identifying it was decompiled by your tool.

Thanks,

José