Command Line Interface

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have been asked if I can provide a command line interface to SDE. I am doing this and it will provide the same facilities as BglAnalyzeX and produce the XML output from a Bgl input (either FS9 or FSX).

I think this would be helpful to some developers who do not want to use the object model of SDE but would like to use it to get XML.

Should be available next week.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Cool, I always like command line options that I can easily run from a batch file :).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Here is the first test version of a command line interface for SDE.

http://www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/bgl2xml_test.zip

Takes two parameters:

bgl2xml.exe inputfile ouputfile

If you leave off the output file the program will use the input file name and append .xml so an input file of APX1234.bgl will get an output file of APX1234.bgl.xml

You can drag a bgl file on to the executable bgl2xml.exe and you will get the output xml in the same folder using the naming convention described above.

This uses the latest version of the engine (not otherwise released) Error reporting is not going to be very good!

Hi Jon,

Great idea to implement a command line bgl -> xml transformer. It will be useful for developers not using a .NET compatible language and relying on an external decoding process. Now they can extract BGL informations using SDE.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Jon,

Great idea to implement a command line bgl -> xml transformer. It will be useful for developers not using a .NET compatible language and relying on an external decoding process. Now they can extract BGL informations using SDE.
Thanks. My goal is to allow many different interfaces to use SDE as the core. The command line interface is one of these and, as you say, makes the decoding capabilities of SDE avialable to people who just want to get hold of the xml.