Compile error for fsx obj

hi folks
i've recently downloaded library creator V1.03 and have some problems compiling my MDL file so that i can use it with object placement tool. following is the output from the parser:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\library_creator_xml>bglcomp compile.xml

Parsing document: compile.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2952: Attribute 'name' is not allowed in element 'ModelData'!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <ModelData>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: name = C8D9668326FA411EBA9EBD6B405B1CE8
ERROR: sourceFile = C:\Program Files\gmax\gamepacks\FSX_GmaxGamePack\LightBulbWithEffect.MDL
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2298: Model data requires a file name!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: name = C8D9668326FA411EBA9EBD6B405B1CE8
ERROR: sourceFile = C:\Program Files\gmax\gamepacks\FSX_GmaxGamePack\LightBulbWithEffect.MDL
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 2!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!
i even copyed the bglcomp from the fsx sdk folder.
i heard that there is a V2.x but couldent find where to download it.

any help is apreciated and Arno don't break your head on the problem before maybe posting the link to V2.x:D. then we'll see if that fixes the problem. :)

P.S. this is for fsx and the MDL was created in gmax.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Using version 2.0.2 should indeed fix your problems, version 1 does not support FSX.

worked great for me.:)

a hint for V3.0 maybe:D you could put a parameter in so that the user can choose a name for their object such as: GEN_Airplane_AN225 instead of having to search for the GUID. just a thought.

and a question to you Arno. what language did you use for lib creator? C++ C# ???

thanks again guys.:) i got it working very nice. i created some helipad cones for placement around a helipad. also attached some light blinkers to them. if i knew how i'd attach a pict.:D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

a hint for V3.0 maybe:D you could put a parameter in so that the user can choose a name for their object such as: GEN_Airplane_AN225 instead of having to search for the GUID. just a thought.
I am not really sure if I understand your suggestion here. The objects already have a friendly name, that is the one you set in GMax when exporting. But in Library Creator XML you don't have to search for either that name or GUID of course.

and a question to you Arno. what language did you use for lib creator? C++ C# ???
Version 1 was done with Visual Basic 6. But version 2 is a complete remake in C#.

I am not really sure if I understand your suggestion here...
maybe i'm doing something wrong.:D

when i want to add it to some scenery in Fax Via the object placement tool it appears in the list near the top where all the Guides are.
and the name appears only as a: {248645-f43t34t45...}
NOT like: GEN_Vehicle_truck_DarkGray...

Let me know what you think.

Version 1 was done with Visual Basic 6. But version 2 is a complete remake in C#.
cool. i know C# sharp pretty well and am studying for the MC TS test.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
when i want to add it to some scenery in Fax Via the object placement tool it appears in the list near the top where all the Guides are.
and the name appears only as a: {248645-f43t34t45...}
NOT like: GEN_Vehicle_truck_DarkGray...
That is right, but that unfortunately that is not something Library Creator XML can do anything about. That is due to the way the OPT tool has been made, all those names are hardcoded. So for new objects it can only show the GUID. Hopefully MS can fix this once...