• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Compile error on new airport made from stock airport

Country
argentina
Good Evening
this an untouched stock airport SABE which I save under a new name
compile error.jpg
Was trying to do the scruffy experiment by editing a creating a an airport from a stock.
First, tried to eliminate the stock boundary by creating a polygon with the required settings through what was supposed to be the old boundary.
Tried to compile and got the compile error.
So tried to create the same airport from stock and save it as a new one... did nothing to it...still couldnt compile...
Whats up?

Any ideas?
Thank you..

flyboy

You should use the SDK that matches the version of FSX that you have.

Example, If you have FSX Acceleration then use the Acceleration SDK.

Country
argentina
Well.. i will check into that but the compiler worked.. Thanks..
Now.. The whole purpose of the creation of this SABE airport.
It used by many SIM University students here in Argentina.. Many go on to become flight officers, pilots etc.
SABE is one of the main airports used for training but the only decent Airport is SABE-X.
Problem, Autogen Trees... I think generated by ORBX which is in a lower layer.
I used the stock airport to create boundary polyline autogen exclusion... with a google tile behind it.
No such luck... Still have trees.
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this but I imagine the solution lies somewhere in ADE.
2015-5-25_0-7-44-853.jpg
SABE 3.jpg

Country
argentina
Good morning Ed...
Ok, i think I understand what you are getting at but in this case, I renamed the original bgl by adding a .orig to the back and renamed the new compiled bgl files to the name used by the author.
I think this would autoload them instead of the old originals... therefor, no order would be necessary.
Look at this image and you'll see the renamed originals i speak about and the hence the new ones with the same name.

While we are on this subject, How would one use the sat image I have within the airport boundary as photo scenery?
sabex.jpg

Country
argentina
I just noticed an error in the name....bgl.bgl
I will correct and see what happens.

Country
argentina
I just noticed an error in the name....bgl.bgl
I will correct and see what happens.
Ok... It worked... Now if I can add the whole city boundaries to the scenery, I could fly over photoreal scenery?
Are my opes too big?

Thank you... The key was the properties of the boundary. I only had "flatten exclude autogen" and changed to add the mapclass which apparently is what FTX uses tse for their 3-d trees.

Didnt even need the exclude rectangles.

Boy... after almost a year looking for answers...
Ed, Thanks a million.
Guillermo (FlyBoy)

Country
us-florida
There are two ways to take your satellite image and make photo scenery. One is to use it as a texture on a scenery model which consists of a flat plane. This model is then converted into a ground polygon. This has to be placed on a flatten polygon. Any unevenness in the ground will cause problems that you can see. The second way is to process it through resample.exe. FSX then uses the image as the land class texture in the area that it is placed. How to do this is explained in the SDK.

Ed

Country
us-illinois
The key was the properties of the boundary. I only had "flatten exclude autogen" and changed to add the mapclass which apparently is what FTX uses tse for their 3-d trees.

Be aware of the fact that the Airport Boundary polygon sub-parameter "MaskClassMap" will analyze the Land Class applicable to the Geographic coordinates of the region where the polygon is being created, and will pick a Land Class "texture" type which is (usually) most compatible, and use it for the 'visible' texture to be displayed on the airport background polygon.

FYI: OrbX FTX substitutes new definitions for Land Class texture assignments when a FTX airport, Region pack, and/or FTX Global are set "active" via custom versions of the FSX LClookup / WorldLC / WorldWC BGLs, in addition to substituting new versions of the actual Land Class "texture tile" BGLs, their mapped textures and mapped Autogen annotations, as well as certain terrain tile texture 'Mask' files.

So when FTX is "active", FSX displays any changes to 'Airport Boundary' Land Class that FTX' scenery has imposed.

When FTX is not set active, FSX default (or any other "active" 3rd party terrain Land Class replacement such as GEX etc.) ...will otherwise be displayed instead of FTX Land Class as the texture visible on the Airport Boundary. ;)

[EDITED]

If you find that you need / want to change the displayed (Land) ClassMap otherwise assigned via the MSFS SDK automatic MaskClassMap Airport Boundary parameter, Jim Vile has written some recent mini-tutorials on how to predictably select a different and specific type of land class type for use on one's Airport Boundary polygon:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-project-is-not-showing-in-fs.433891/page-2#post-709446

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...s-inside-airport-boundary.434001/#post-710496

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/landclass-not-showing.433554/#post-705658

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/visibility-of-landclass-polygons.432442/#post-694769

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Last edited: