• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Compile Help Needed

Country
us-florida
When I try to compile a airport I am designing, I get the following error message. I am attaching the .log file and the ade file with the hope that someone can help me to get to the bottom of this error. Many thanks.
Gelowims

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using FSX BglComp....

Parsing document: G:\Airport Design Editor\Bgl\KMDN11_ADE_GLW.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: G:\Airport Design Editor\Bgl\cad32500-bfa5-4b10-b864-9547ef0cf536
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2149: Failed to load model data! Does the file exist?
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: sourceFile = cad32500-bfa5-4b10-b864-9547ef0cf536
ERROR: fileOffset = 0
ERROR: >
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 15!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Attachments

• KMDN11_ADE_GLW.zip
    353 KB · Views: 253

GHD

Country
england
Please read the FAQ at the top of this forum. Your airport has probably been modified with AFX. Try the attached.

George

Last edited:
Country
us-florida
George, That did it. My airport will now compile without a problem. Am I to understand that the two program will not work together? I did start the work of this airport with AFX and then decided to switch to ADE. I now know that that is not going to work. So I am sticking with ADE for airport design. Many thanks.
Gelowims

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As has been noted before AFX does not use BglComp to compile and therefore may have things in it that BglComp has a problem with. It is known to use modelData sections for purposes other than defining 3D Objects. I believe it is possible to tell AFX not to export non standard information into the Bgl file. In any case the major issue for tools like ADE and FSX Planner that do conform to the approved MS standard is handling unexpected stuff coming from tools that do not, or may not, conform.

The next version of ADE will strip any modelData that is exists in third party bgl or xml files that are loaded to it.

Last edited: