FSX Compiler errors with ADE 176 and FSX Acceleration SDK

Hello,

when trying to compile my airport design project the system reported the following errors, although no "faults" had been detected
and the "issues" field in the lower left corner had remained green.

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\EDRO-Airfield.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 116, 34, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2606: Schema errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

The "transparent element" causing error 116, 34 is the runway.
I had checked the transparency box to switch off the generated grass surface, hiding the photoreal scenery underneath

I have no clue what could have caused the other errors.

Thanks for your help
Chris

Thanks for sharing this information.

Having installed the Acceleration Pack SDK from the Gold Edition DVD-Set to gain access to the "transparency" checkbox,
I thought this was right version of the SDK. Obiously it is not.

This is the version information retrieved by the ADE-Checker

1544001403692.png

BTW I wonder why I have to set the ADE path manually ?

Thanks again for any further help.
Chris

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The Environment Checker is now very out of date and should not really be used. If you want to manually enter paths then go to Settings > Options > Folders

1544004353927.png

You can use the small '...' buttons to set your own paths. However this isn't recommended unless you really know what you are doing. It is safer to use the Find button which will search the registry for entries.

You also need to be aware that using the Transparency flag in FSX is unreliable. WE had to apply a fix which moves a copy of the current SDK bglcomp.exe into ADE. It is in the FSX sub older inside the ADE main folder. Look for bglcomp.exe and tell us the date and time stamp on it

Hello,

The Environment Checker may be "very out of date", but in this case it delivered an acurate information concerning the installed version of bglcomp.exe.
So thanks for this still useful tool ;-))

I manually checked the version number, and time stamp of the file located in C: /MSFS > FS Design Tools > Airport Design Editor 175 > FSX
Its date is 26.09.2007 and the time is 17:08. Both figures match with those of the bglcom.exe file located in the original SDK folder.
Hope this can help.

Using the FIND button to set the path in the options menue has linked ADE to the files located in the SDK folder. So this is how it should be ?

Thanks again for your help
Chris

P.S. If the transparency flag in FSX is unreliable, would there be another way to hide the "unreal grass texture" which comes up when landing ?

As a consequence all landings would be "off-runway" ... without crashing ?
Will such a minimal runway width be accepted by ADE and/or FSX ?

Maybe I will give it a try, if... ADE is finally able to compile my airport data.
Let's fix that first !

Thanks for your hint
Chris

It is bglcomp.xsd which contains the transparent parameter:

Code:
<xs:complexType name="ctRunway">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="Markings" type="ctMarkings" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="Lights" type="ctLights" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="OffsetThreshold" type="ctOffsetThreshold" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="BlastPad" type="ctBlastPad" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="Overrun" type="ctOverrun" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="ApproachLights" type="ctApproachLights" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="Vasi" type="ctVasi" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="Ils" type="ctIls" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      <xs:element name="RunwayStart" type="ctRunwayStart" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
    </xs:sequence>
    <xs:attribute name="lat" form="unqualified" type="stLatitude" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="lon" form="unqualified" type="stLongitude" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="alt" form="unqualified" type="stAltitude" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="surface" form="unqualified" type="stSurface" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="heading" form="unqualified" type="stHeading" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="length" form="unqualified" type="stDistance" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="width" form="unqualified" type="stDistance" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="number" form="unqualified" type="stRunwayNumber" use="required" />
    <xs:attribute name="transparent" form="unqualified" type="stBool" />
    <xs:attribute name="designator" form="unqualified" type="stDesignator" />
    <xs:attribute name="primaryDesignator" form="unqualified" type="stDesignator" />
    <xs:attribute name="secondaryDesignator" form="unqualified" type="stDesignator" />
    <xs:attribute name="patternAltitude" form="unqualified" type="stAltitude" />
    <xs:attribute name="primaryTakeoff" form="unqualified" type="stBool" />
    <xs:attribute name="primaryLanding" form="unqualified" type="stBool" />
    <xs:attribute name="secondaryTakeoff" form="unqualified" type="stBool" />
    <xs:attribute name="secondaryLanding" form="unqualified" type="stBool" />
    <xs:attribute name="primaryPattern" form="unqualified" type="stSide" />
    <xs:attribute name="secondaryPattern" form="unqualified" type="stSide" />
    <xs:attribute name="primaryMarkingBias" form="unqualified" type="stDistance" />
    <xs:attribute name="secondaryMarkingBias" form="unqualified" type="stDistance" />
  </xs:complexType>

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Don't touch or edit the bglcomp.xsd file in the FSX folder inside the ADE main folder in order to deal with the transparent runway flag.

Today I unchecked the transparency box in the runway settings menue, and saved the airport.
Then tried to compile the airport data, and was returned the same error messages as before...
including the error pertaining to the transparency (which had been disabled in the meantime).

What about my bglcomp.exe file. Is it the right version I use ?

Chris

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - I checked my bglcomp.exe in the ADE FSX Sub folder. It is dated 26/9/2007 but the time is 16:08. The size is 320576 bytes and I can confirm that the transparent flag is compiled with this one. Also check that the version of bglcomp.xsd in the FSX folder is dated 29/10/2015. Unchecking the transparent flag does not disable it. The code for it is still in the source passed to the compiler.

The fact that my bglcomp.exe has a time stamp 17:08 is perhaps due to the fact that my computer time is GMT +1
My bglcomp.exe filesize is also 320576 bytes.

But the bglcomp.xsd is dated 22/08/2007 18:05 (both in MSFS and FSX-SDK). Is this the reason why ADE doesn't compile ?
So where should I search to find a file equal to yours ? My Acceleration-DVD only contains two files : sdk.exe and fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, both dated 08/10/2007.
As far as I can remember I only launched the sdk.exe to upgrade my SDK.

Thanks again for your help
Chris

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It seems like the custom bglcomp.xsd was changed or somehow lost. This is a custom file created for ADE and should not be changed. Attached is the updated one. Replace the .xsd file inside the FSX folder in ADE and try again.

Attachments

Yeees :) Worked fine this time.
I will now install the BGL as a new scenery in the AddonScenery folder system and start a flight from there.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep you informed soon.

Chris

At first glance everythinglooks as intended.
Exclusions worked fine, and blocked the generic buildings. Even the runway transparency worked.

Now I will go one step further, adding the tower and some hangars I have designed and textured in Blender.
Hoping it will soon look like the real thing :) It will keep me busy for a while.

Thanks again gentlemen, and I wish you all a merry Christmas
Chris