• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Complete newbie

Country
australia
Hi Don,
I have installed your AIFP v3.1.13 onto my FSX system. I am trying to work out what I need to do and what AIFP will do to create AI aircraft and the flight plans. At present, I have no AI Planes installed when I installed AIFP. I have your manual next to me(printed out) but hopelessly out of my depth. My steps so far are:

1. In FSX I created a sub folder under SimObjects called 'AIplanes'
2. In FSX.cfg I created a simobjectpath, SimObject Paths.7=SimObjects\AIplanes
3. I created a folder called, AIFP\AIFP3113\DOWNLOADS for all my downloads for AIFP.
3. Downloaded a flight plan,aig_saudiarabianroyalflight_summer_2011.zip from AVSIM into Downloads.. For my first attempt, I only want a small plan with few aircraft so I can understand the process.
4. Opened AIFP, then with flight plan file .txt or.zip, loaded the above flightplan. Note..Maintain Installed AC List(s) is ticked in options(by default it would seem).
5. AIFP populated the three boxes with 12 flights, 15 airports and 5 a/c in the Aircraft list, all red with an X on the left and a ### on the right of the AIRCRAFT LIST BOX
6.When I double click No 1 - Saudi Arabian Royal Flight Boeing 747-400 (490kts), another box opens, Missing Aircraft, The five aircraft are there, same Ref No 1-5 and all blue
7.This is where I am unsure...Do I or AIFP download the aircraft? Anyway, with Ref No 1 selected, I push the download button.
8. Program tries to get to AVSIM, but comes up with..Index of// Name Size Date Modified[parent directory] Some sort of avsim error???
9. X out of that try and select the second a/c on the Missing Aircraft box,Saudi Arabian Royal Flight Boeing 747SP (485kts) push the download button. This time, it downloads a file to my main downloads area, b747sp_saudi_royal_flight.zip. What do I do with this file? Am I supposed to download this file to a specific place?
10. I select the remaining a/c on the missing aircraft list, and download them ok. I notice you can either select the download button, or double click the line. Still need to resolve No1 download that failed. I think the file name must have changed or...?
11. I log into Avsim files and look for a 'Saudi Arabian Royal Flight ai Boeing 747-400' I find one and download.b744_saudi_royal_flight.zip Rego is actual a/c HZ HM1, so perfect.
12. Now what do I do? ummmmm, copy the 5 repaints to the AIFP repaint folder? ok, try this... OK, 4 of the 5 aircraft are 'green' The remaining a/c, Saudi Arabian Royal Flight Boeing 747SP(485 kts) is blue.When I do the auto download, it is the same a/c previously downloaded that it said is wrong?....ummmm ok. try assign button...ummm, now says repaint and title have different names?....Do I 'simply' change the repaint name in the 'Add to aircraft cfg.txt to the name wanted by AIFP?.... A small box just appeared saying the texture is not compatible with FSX....Another issue?

Sorry, long post. I have stopped and will go no further until you can point me in the right direction. Maybe easier to remove entire AIFP and restart.

Regards

Geoff

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Geoff, I trust you are looking at Section 7.1 of the manual.

Ensure that you are downloading the archives to the AIFP\Repaints folder. Once a repaint archive has been downloaded, AIFP looks for the selected repaint title in the archive and, if found, the title turns green. (If the title turns light blue, then there a problem with the archive - see the manual for details.) At this point, all you've got is a collection of .zip files probably containing not only the repaints you want but also a lot you don't need. (The packaging of repaints is up to the repaint developer, not AIFP.)

Select a green title and click Install button. AIFP will issue detailed step by step instructions - following which you must identify the base aircraft in one of the SimObjects folder to which the repaint is to be assigned and other details.

AIFP assumes you understand the basic aircraft folder structure.

Good luck!

Don