• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Complicated text in Blender/MSFS

Country
germany
Hello together.

What would be the best way to do text like this (its Thai) in Blender? If i do that in 3d it has so many polys, if it should be recognizable. But just a flat pic is also not the best. Any ideas? Would be great ^^

ท่าอากาศยานนานาชาติภูเก็ต

On the real airport this is like that on the picture, its 3D:

1632260410946.png

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Why is a flat pic, not best? Because people flight simulating will look more closely at the sign on the terminal, than the instruments and surrounding environment, so close to runways and other traffic? Would not an extremely detailed model inserted at the highest level of detail, that will only render when the view is close, solve that contingency?

Country
germany
Why is a flat pic, not best?

I dont like it :) That is enough of a reason for me hehe. Ive seen other airports where they only use alpha channel for something like this and always thought "Hmm, that doesnt really look good". So i want to evade such tricks, when its possible. But of course i dont want to kill ppls performance so i wondered how others would do it.

But the LOD thing is maybe way the way to go. Thank you.
Import the text as a plane image. Then model it in 2d low poly. At the end extrude it.

Jup, thank you.

Ill play around, maybe a few lod steps will do the trick. Maybe... will see how that works out with the texture.

Thanks so far guys.