• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Conditional Event Triggers

Country
unitedstates
Okay, I'm completely new to gauge design but, I'm getting a handle on it. However, I'm not sure if what I'm planning is actually feasible within the Gauges SDK.

I understand that a MouseClick can be used to trigger a key event but what I want to do is use an evaluation of data to trigger it. That possible?

Here's the thing - I'm looking to trigger the aircraft exits and jetway upon parking at the gate. For now, let's just say that when GroundSpeed = 0, that will be the trigger.

Anyway, is this something that can be done with a gauge or would SimConnect be required? It's just as easy for me to make a button to handle it but, I'd prefer it to be automatic.

Country
unitedstates
Followup: Is there a way to alter the weight of a stationpoint through gauges? I did see one for fuel but, not for a payload point.

I think I may be answering my first question (above) already - reviewing some sample scripts but, any input would still be appreciated.

Country
canada
I am not a gauge person but there is a sim variable:

PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index

units are pounds.

that you can set in XML gauges and simconnect.

Country
unitedstates
Yeah, I saw that one but, I thought it was only for accessing the data, not altering it. I'll try playing with that later. Thanks.

Country
us-kentucky
I understand that a MouseClick can be used to trigger a key event but what I want to do is use an evaluation of data to trigger it. That possible?

Yes. Your gauge could, for example, have it's callback (which is called each loop) evaluate an expression/condition and trigger an event based on that comparison.

Here's the thing - I'm looking to trigger the aircraft exits and jetway upon parking at the gate. For now, let's just say that when GroundSpeed = 0, that will be the trigger.

Anyway, is this something that can be done with a gauge or would SimConnect be required? It's just as easy for me to make a button to handle it but, I'd prefer it to be automatic.

Yes, you would program a gauge that monitors the groundspeed, and then triggers when appropriate. However, that would not be a good trigger. What happens when you taxi to the hold-short point and stop? You guessed it, your gauge triggers. Generally, jetways are triggered by pilot command when the radio is tuned to a particular freq. Not sure how the new ones in FSX work. They may work automatically with a proximity trigger in the scenery or something. To see them though you have to turn up you detail settings to high.

Patrick

Country
unitedstates
Thanks Patrick. Maybe I'll look into the COM tunings and see if I can do it that way. Yeah, the groundspeed was just an example. I need more specific conditions to trigger it.

In addition, I want to trigger the Save Situation event. Haven't even tried that yet but, I'm guessing it merely serves to open the save flight dialog. It would be nice if it had the ability to include the name of the file, as I want to have a save at the start and at the end. Anyway...