FSXA Conditional tweak of FS9 object, but with FSX extras

I suspect the anwer to this is "NO", but here goes...!

I would like to create a landable static boat (i.e. not AI) for FSX, but one which turns into wind. I believe I can do this in MDL Tweaker if I create an FS9 object. However, is there any way I can tweak the FS9 object but still retain the FSX extras, by which I mean reflective glass, bump maps etc. (essentially texture things)??

Many thanks

Andy

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Andy,

I am afraid the answer is no :).

Sometimes you can mix FSX and FS2004 MDL files to get the result you want, but for rotating into the wind of the entire ship I can't think of such a situation that would work.

I was wondering if an Attach Point could be used to attach an FSX object to a conditional FS9 object? I have no idea whether such a thing is even possible, and if it is I wonder if the FSX object would be stuck facing the same way whilst the FS9 object rotates?! :(

One thing I'd like to do is have FSX default static boats rotate into wind and the only way I can think of doing it is the above...

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Yes, that could be possible in some cases. But an tweak like rotate to wind only works on geometry and not on attachpoints.