• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Conflicting engine sounds, soundai, and multiple files

Country
us-idaho
Good-day gents,
I'll try to make this quick, and to the point.

I am pretty well versed in the basics of aircraft soundsets within FSX. Including sound-cones, and traffic (or multiplayer) soundai workings.

I have stumbled upon a bit of an odd issue, with a soundset that I have created. It has been built from the ground up. It utilizes 4 point sound cone through it's entire range. Stereo interior(s), and mono exterior.

At first I made a basic soundai config, to deal with the exterior traffic sounds. It worked well, however the issue was, on the exterior clips only, and at idle, if the user aircraft & the traffic source were both playing the same audio, the exterior clip at that particular range would 'stick', or remain playing until the engine of either aircraft was turned off, or maybe my turning off (Q) the sound in FSX, and then turning back on.

I understand that this is fairly typical of MONO .wav's within the simulator. So I duplicated the audio that I needed, and had the soundai draw from the duplicates. Problem solved!

UNTIL, there's multiple sources of traffic. Then it returns within them, as previously. (The user aircraft functions properly)

I have not experienced this with most ai sounds. It seems to usually stick on the same one or two clips, but I can't seem to pin it down. I'm curious if there is a protocol to help alleviate these types of issues? A particular sample rate, or something of that nature? Maybe a work-around?

Sorry for the long post. Hope it makes sense. I have read through this forum, and not yet been able to completely resolve the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
- Joseph