FSXA Connect to FSX

After previously staying with ADE version 1.40.09, I finally stepped up to ADEX version 1.50.05 and have encountered my first problem.

When I try to connect with FSX I get an error message per the attached image. When using ADE, it works fine without the FSUIPC4.dll in the modules folder (I removed it due to a wind shifting problem). I replaced the FSUIPC4.dll in FSX and still got the same message in ADEX. I downloaded and tried the latest version of the FSUIPC4.dll and still get the same error message in ADEX. I am still able to connect with FSX using ADE.

Why does ADEX require that FSUIPC run and ADE does not? Why am I getting this error?

Thanks.

Art

Attachments

Last edited:
What does the enviromentchecker say/state?
An environment checker was included with the ADE version but not with the ADEX version. It will only report on the ADE version installation which has registry entries. Interestingly, the ADE version is reported by the checker as "Not OK to run ADE", but it runs fine.

The ADEX version was a manual install with no registry entries to my knowledge. I don't know how to use environment checker on it. The FSX folder location appears correct.

Regarding FSUIPC, I notice that the ADEX version includes FSUIPCClient.dll and the ADE version does not.

Art

Simconnect was the FSX software used in ADE during earlier versions.

FSUIPC is now used for both ADE9 (FS9) and ADEX (FSX).

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jim has answered the question between 1.40 and 1.50. All version of ADE after 1.40 use FSUIPC. The dll you refer to is used by ADE to communicate with FSUIPC in FSX.

Now you said that you put the dll into FSX. FSUIPC4 comes with an installer. Did you run the installer to place it?

Second if you run FSX does the Module menu appear and have FSUIPC in it?

Third do you have any other tools that use FSUIPC and do they work or not.

The error message indicates that FSUIPC is not running properly and that is why ADE is reporting it.

The Environment Checker is being update to 1.50 now as we are making a new installer package for this version. This should be available in a few weeks

The error message indicates that FSUIPC is not running properly and that is why ADE is reporting it.
That message was quite clear, and I could have easily verified that same thing after replacing the FSUIPC4.dll file in the modules folder. But I didn't. I finally downloaded and used the installer package and all is well.

Removing the FSUIPC4.dll file from the modules folder is the standard practice to deactivate FSUIPC, and I assumed that putting it back would reactivate it.

Thanks.

Art

n4gix

Resource contributor
Removing the FSUIPC4.dll file from the modules folder is the standard practice to deactivate FSUIPC, and I assumed that putting it back would reactivate it.
Actually, it is not. Simply edit the dll.xml file and change

<Disabled>False</Disabled>
to
<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Code:
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
		<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>

Actually, it is not. Simply edit the dll.xml file and change

to
<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Code:
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
		<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
My statement is correct per the attached excerpt from the FSUIPC manual. However, I like your method.

Thanks.

Art

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Technically it is. FSUIPC for FSX uses SimConnect.

However you are correct that rather than have to deal with two different connection protocols we moved to FSUIPC so that all versions we support can be accessed in the same way by the program.