• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Convert multiple FS9 bgl to FSX

Hi

Can someone tell me how i can convert multiple bgl same time for FSX?
It takes long time to convert many bgl files with ModelconverterX
I need to make my FS9 bgl files to FSX.

Thank You :)

Hello:

Arno's ModelConverterX (aka "MCX") does have both a "Batch Convert Wizard":

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ModelConverterX#Batch_convert

...and a "Convert and Place Object Wizard"

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ModelConverterX#Convert_and_place_object_wizard

BTW: IIUC, you are referring to FS2004-compatible scenery by "Toni Hiltonen" ?

If so, is the scenery you are referring to ...3D MDL-based objects ?

And is your FS9 legacy format scenery BGLComp-XML-type or SCASM / ASM type ?

PS: If this is part of the "Free Flow" scenery, IIRC it involves legacy format LWM and/or VTP vector scenery:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/making-freeflow-bahamas-to-fsx-compatible.18631/

AFAIK: To de-compile the legacy FS9-compatible format terrain scenery LWM / VTP BGLs such as "Free Flow", this is automatically done for the end user in SBuilder for FS9 (aka "SB205") when one navigates:

SBuilder for FS9 Menu > File > Append... > LWM BGL... (or "VTP BGL...")

Once the required LWM and VTP BGLs are imported into SBuilder for FS9, one navigates:

SBuilder for FS9 Menu > File > Export... > SBuilder SBX...

The SBX file can then be Imported or Appended into SBuilder for FSX (aka "SBuilderX"); after the SBX file is displayed in SBuilderX, one can better see the terrain vector vertices, poly-lines, polygons, and land class 'types' used in the original package, as well as more precise Geographic coordinates for the terrain vertices etc.

The terrain scenery data within the Imported / Appended SBX file can be used in SBuilderX to make custom FSX and/or P3D compatible scenery "replacements" for the original files in the above package. :idea:

Hope this info helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi,

im converting city scenery files(buildings) to FSX, scenery buildings are modeled by good old FS2002 Scenery Apprentice from Abacus. :D
I use ModelconverterX and i can see buildings in 3dview and all works fine :) I allready tested this scenery in P3D too, and it works fine there too :) There is still a lot of work to do, so i will tell if there comes any issues on future.
After i have done with the city sceneries, i will move forward to make some tests with Freeflow Florida, i need to Contact Scott if he have time to do some work together with me :)

I will try the Batch convert wizard

Thank you very much for your help. ;)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
AFAIK, I think batch convert is very good tool. But converting FS9 to FSX requires a lot more than converting. There are a lot of MDL properties that does not exist in FS9 and need to be added in FSX. You need to load up each MDL or BGL and make changes individually.
I have made a tutorial for you. May be it helps a bit. But you need the knowledge of FSX material. No way to change automatically be ONE Click.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-tutorial-for-converting-fs9-to-fsx.128039/