• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

CorrectTexScale feedback

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Use this thread for feedback about CorrectTexScale.

Country
germany
Just a question about before using the CorrectTexScale:

How to get asm-files from GMAX? With MDLCommander?

I'm not used to it, can anyone give the orders what to do? (I know, I could figure it out by myself, but right at the moment I don't have the energy and time ... :eek: )

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Georg,

I use a file called makemdl.cfg to keep the source files, but you can also use MDLCommander. If you do a quick search on the forum you will see that this has been discussed before :).

Country
germany
Please help - I don't get it! :confused:

Put a makemdl.cfg in the plugin-folder of the Fs2004-gamepack.
Code:
[Options]
Keep=1

When I export, the asm-files are also written (*.asm and *_0.asm).
I start CorrectTexScale and open *_0.asm with it. I press the button and the *_0.asm seems to be written.

What to do next? MakeMDL complains, if I use the *.asm or the *_0.asm file as input ... :confused:
I did not find anything in the MakeMDL SDK ...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Georg,

You need to use BGLC_9 to recompile them back to MDL files. You can find this tool as a sticky in the BGLC tweaking forum. And my CompileHelper tool gives you a nice GUI for the compile progress.

Country
germany
I downloaded them both and put them into the FS2004-folder of GMAX. When I drop the *.asm file (or the *_0.asm-file) onto the Compile-Helper, nothing happens :confused:

When I double click CompileHelper, the programme starts and I inserted the correct path to BGLC_9.

EDIT: I just saw, that there are running half a dozen CompileHelper.exe in the background ... no output ...

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Humm, let me think, for some reason the compilation does not seem to start on your PC. Why not just drop the ASM on BGLC for the moment and rename the output to MDL?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you familiar with using the command prompt? In that case you should be able to see the output.

Country
germany
I used the Prompt

Code:
bglc_9.exe eddf_t1c.asm

and I got the error message

Code:
 TEXTURE_DEF(6): Macro Called From
  C:\gmax\gamepacks\fs2004\EDDF_T1c_0.asm(38): Include File
C:\gmax\gamepacks\fs2004\EDDF_T1c_0.asm(39) : error A2187: must use floating-point initializer

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Humm, ok, probably the tool made some errors in your code? Can you sent me your origional GMax ASM files? Then I can debug the tool.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have uploaded a new version. Two small bugs have been fixed.

The first is an overflow error if you use very big objects. And the second is that CorrectTexScale now also works correct when you have your Windows set to use the comma as decimal character.