• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Could really use some help...with trees...

Country
argentina
Honestly, I am willing to pay at this point for some help here...
I work with a SIM Flight School that is registered with the university in Buenos Aires...
http://www.escueladevuelovirtual.com/indexx.php
They make flight training for airlines possible with the use of a free lessons with real pilots and a discounted 737 Cockpit sim for the young economically challenged Youth...

The SABE airport is where they do most of their training from.
I have located a free download airport that works quite nicely and is set up with a virtual city including key landmarks which makes the whole package VFR Friendly.
The only thing that is in my way are these damn trees.... I thought I had it licked once but cannot reproduce the results.
I could really use the help and am willing to do whatever tests you suggest and upload need file to solve this. It will be helping many future pilots.
Here are some base tests and results...
Please, let me know what you need but help me...

Ive sent you three docs with tests...
1. Done with various 3-4 BGL's SANS any CVX (this one is included with post)
2. Same Test but with original CVX (See reply 1)
3. Final test per http://scruffyduck.screenstepslive....l/204018-why-are-there-are-trees-on-my-runway (See Reply 2)
Step by Step....

No answers and very frustrated...
Thanks again always
Flyboy
Guillermo Schleimer

Attachments

• TREE PROJECT SABE.zip
    2 MB · Views: 271
Country
argentina
2. Same Test but with original CVX

Attachments

• TREE PROJECT SABE with Orig CVX .zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 238

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It seems to me that you have several threads on what is the same issue. I am not really able to follow but hopefully someone else will.

F70

Country
netherlands
Flyboy,

From what i can see,you have ORBX tree's,they are some time difficult to remove.
What i do with the ORBX trees ,i draw a "Airport Background" >> "Exclude AutoGen" where the trees are.
If you have the ProKey open in Tools "Raw Data View" go down to the bottom there is the last one you have used the Shape Poly and look for "Tag Guid" .
Change the "Tag Guid" to ,copy and past : 5a99bc54-7fc1-45c4-bf60-fcd8dbe2ab9f
And in ADE don't touch the Exclude Autogen otherwise he will change back to the original Guid.

It's always working for me,i hope for you to,if it are the ORBX trees.

Jan

Country
argentina
It seems to me that you have several threads on what is the same issue. I am not really able to follow but hopefully someone else will.
My apologies John...
Just following up and searching for answers... The threads are where the topic has already been brought up...
Thanks. Will be more considerate...

Country
argentina
Flyboy,

From what i can see,you have ORBX tree's,they are some time difficult to remove.
What i do with the ORBX trees ,i draw a "Airport Background" >> "Exclude AutoGen" where the trees are.
If you have the ProKey open in Tools "Raw Data View" go down to the bottom there is the last one you have used the Shape Poly and look for "Tag Guid" .
Change the "Tag Guid" to ,copy and past : 5a99bc54-7fc1-45c4-bf60-fcd8dbe2ab9f
And in ADE don't touch the Exclude Autogen otherwise he will change back to the original Guid.

It's always working for me,i hope for you to,if it are the ORBX trees.

Jan
Jan... i will try this... with the exception of the Raw Data view, I have done all by the book. (See my attched docx's above)
I'mhopefull...
Thanks
Guillermo

I hope Jan's solution works.

In the mean time I looked at some of your zipped up documents and I have to say I don't have a clue on what you are trying to do. A user added TAXI SIGN only Exclusion Rectangle layered over the entire stock airport that was opened using ADE can cause the Airport to display unwanted non-flatten scenery.

Now lets factor in the following. Many 3rd party developers make their scenery a priority. They also change the way FSX renders the scenery too fit what they want. Some highend payware land class scenery developers even rewrite the FSX terrain.cfg because they do not like what some of the Land Class Tags represent such as Parks. Doing this destroys the FSX default scenery land class at many airports because Cement is classified as a Park in the SDK. When it is brought to their attention they make excuses on why they rendered the airport scenery the way they did even though it destroys what FSX shows.

Orbx like so many other highend payware does not follow the SDK rules 100 percent and wants to be on top the scenery hierarchy so you never see the problems that can be created when you are the user and not a developer. Trying to develope on top of Orbx becomes a whole new issue.

When tutorials are written like Trees on a Runway these same tutorials are assuming you are working with FSX default airport scenery without influences from 3rd party that may have their own airport embedded in their Land Class. When 3rd party developers like Utimate Terrain change the Terrain.cfg to fit what they want then you go throw away all the tutorials and try to find a solution that works.

Many of us do not have the same exact setup of scenery on our computers so you have to try and find a work around that works for you like Jan did.

I am more then willing to help resolve the issue you are having but you need to back up and start with the basics of sceney design and then try and adapt it to Orbx.

Country
argentina
Jvile, appreciate your input and willingness... First off, exclusion rectangle is in the airport I imagine put in by the original author. Funny thing is trying to use it for taxi signs and in the end by itself, it's the only thing flattening the risen terrain.
I have no doubts that this was made some funky way and back in 2009, by alas, it is the realest looking SABE available along with some pretty descent Bueno Aires VFR landmarks.
As I mentioned in my original post.. This is for a sim school and my lack of expertise on ADE railroads me in to trying to make it all work properly with the little I know of ADE by modifying this existing airport... I mentioned that I did have it work once but I'll be damn if I can find any difference in what I did..
Ok... I'm open and ready to hear some suggestions... Fire away..
Can I send you the bgl or would you like to instruct me so I learn..
Thanks!

I would like to see the original bgl you are working with. Is the bgl on a web site somewhere that can be downloaded?

What I am looking for is the original bgl you started out with.

On page 10 the download for P3D works but the descarga para FSX takes me to another advertisement page for SABE

I don't see any download on your link and based on the following it is private use only

"Know-X"scenario from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (knows) for FSX-BuenosAires-Argentina-FREEWARE scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. For only private use. Authors:Marcelo Veneziale, Guillermo Posadas and Pablo Contouris

What i would like to have is the original SABE bgl and any cvx bgl the authors may have made.

OK--------- I think this is the one you are working with

Buenos Aires para Flight Simulator X versión 4 (BsAs_X.4) + the updates

Last edited:
Country
argentina
No
On page 10 the download for P3D works but the descarga para FSX takes me to another advertisement page for SABE

I don't see any download on your link and based on the following it is private use only

What i would like to have is the original SABE bgl and any cvx bgl the authors may have made.

OK--------- I think this is the one you are working with

Buenos Aires para Flight Simulator X versión 4 (BsAs_X.4) + the updates
, that one is for the city. You have to download the airport first if you add those. There is a bug on the page.. If you try downloading twice within so many minutes, it won't let you. Also, it means not for profit. Wait about half an hour and use the link I sent. It should open up a save to window.... Worse comes to worse, I'll see if I can send you the zip through the forum or elsewhere if you choose...
It's past midnight here so I'lol look for your reply in the morning...
Guillermo

I have the airport.

Have looked at it but will not be back on line until friday afternoon. In the mean time I don't know if you fixed some of the problems with the original SABE before you started to enhance it.

There are 2 runway 13's but only one is allowed.

The short one with the long asphalt blast pad is the actual original FSX runway. The long runway 13 must be deleted and the short one lenghtened back to the stock 131 X 6859 feet. The reason is because the ILS belongs to the short runway and if you delete the short runway it will orphan the ILS.

All the Markings, Lights and PAPI's must be put back on the short runway once it is resized. The start locations need to be fixed so they agree with the correct runway.

There are many other faults that the fault finder found and all these must be fixed before moving to the next step.

Country
argentina
Honestly, I am willing to pay at this point for some help here...
I work with a SIM Flight School that is registered with the university in Buenos Aires...
http://www.escueladevuelovirtual.com/indexx.php
They make flight training for airlines possible with the use of a free lessons with real pilots and a discounted 737 Cockpit sim for the young economically challenged Youth...

The SABE airport is where they do most of their training from.
I have located a free download airport that works quite nicely and is set up with a virtual city including key landmarks which makes the whole package VFR Friendly.
The only thing that is in my way are these damn trees.... I thought I had it licked once but cannot reproduce the results.
I could really use the help and am willing to do whatever tests you suggest and upload need file to solve this. It will be helping many future pilots.
Here are some base tests and results...
Please, let me know what you need but help me...

Guillermo Schleimer
Good morning,
Yes, I had actually done that and much more using a sat image as background and had completed most of the key issues but as I mentioned in an earlier post, it vanished. The jist of this is that Scruffys tutorial worked at one point.... And I could never get it back.
I chalked it up to something I did accidentally that solved the problem...
But, I could never reproduce it.
So I had to start from scratch again and decided to deal with the reason I was doing it in the first place. The trees.
I didn't want spent the countless hours correcting the errors again only to find the trees again.
Enjoy your day... Im sure you have a day job as I do but I injured my hand at work so have some down time.... Or, as I am a glass full guy, up in the air time!
Thank you again for these efforts...

Country
argentina
Jim.... Had the chance to look up some comments on an Argentine forum about the same issue... Didnt look like ORBX trees but nevertheless... Same issue.
Seemed to point out that a particular BGL file was the culprit... Didn't know why, but by not loading it, removed the trees.
If you know how to interpret RAW bgl data, I would welcom you uto look at it.
It is the last BGL file in the scenery folder for SABE-X.
cvxPHC_BASE_KML.BGL
By renaming this, I eliminated the trees but I Cant believe it didnt affect some other part of the scenery
Guillermo

Last edited:
That bgl (cvxPHC_BASE_KML.BGL) will be deleted because we are going to make a new one that goes with your .ad4 project file.

For information it has 3 polys's

Exclude AutoGen|6C0C6528-5CF1-483A-A586-2C905CF2757E
Heath Scrub|658BF667-60FB-4DA3-B199-AAB5D5E297C6
Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen|46BFB3BD-CE68-418E-8112-FEBA17428ACE

and looks like this. You can only see the Exclude autogen but under neath are the other 2 polys.

Now we will be deleting the SABE_ADEX_GSP_CVX.bgl which is a flatten

Flatten|47D48287-3ADE-4FC5-8BEC-B6B36901E612|

and looks like this.

So the 1st issue we are solving is multiple poly Land Class cvx bgl's that are conflicting with each other.

We need to get the airport back to a stock setting so delete

cvxPHC_BASE_KML.BGL
SABE_ADEX_GSP_CVX.bgl
and ALL poly cvx's that you have made

When this is done your airport should look like this which is the FSX default ground poly with flatten and no FSX autogen. If it does not look like this when you delete the cvx files show me a picture of what you see. We have to get back to the default before going any further.

I removed the city files until we get a good airport.

Country
argentina
Hello Flyboy,

Reading now your initial post at this thread, about your attempt to modify and use this scenery of SABE (named "SABE-X") for the Organization "Escuela de Vuelo Virtual" (www.escueladevuelovirtual.com); I remember you that the Authors: Pablo Contouris, Marcelo Veneziale & Guillermo Posadas, all colaborators of FLIGHT SIMULATOR ARGENTINA Community (my website), in principle, ONLY AUTHORIZE DOWNLOAD FOR PRIVATE USE.
Do You have their authorization for your project?

If is so, please excuse me. If not, contact them at their e-mails that figures in internal docs of the zip.

The exact link where their work is legally published since many years (and from where you downloaded the zip) is:
http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/xescenarios10.htm

And, if You look the video of presentation, the original scenery looks pretty good, without trees...

Your problem should be another addon that you have installed.

Any user of the World can download the file for free; but the Authors always deserve acknowledgment for their excelent freeware design.

Regards,
Daniel.

Last edited:
snip---------------------

Reading now your initial post at this thread, about your attempt to modify and use this scenery of SABE (named "SABE-X") for the Organization "Escuela de Vuelo Virtual" (www.escueladevuelovirtual.com); I remember you that the Authors: Pablo Contouris, Marcelo Veneziale & Guillermo Posadas, all colaborators of FLIGHT SIMULATOR ARGENTINA Community (my website), in principle, ONLY AUTHORIZE DOWNLOAD FOR PRIVATE USE.

Do You have their authorization for your project?

If is so, please excuse me. If not, contact them at their e-mails that figures in internal docs of the zip.

Regards,
Daniel.

Hello Daniel

Most websites would not place this scenery for download. The question is, did the Authors get permission from Microsoft to develope this scenery using all the copyrighted default library objects and scenery textures that are bundled and distributed with the SABE-X city and SABE airport.

Some developers of scenery will extract out the .mdl GUID which points to the actual scenery but will not add any of the scenery library or the scenery textures that the Microsoft artist designed from the actual 3D models. Developers that add the model GUID's using ADE will instruct the user in the readme to copy the Microsoft textures from the city and region folders and then place in the their Scenery\Global folder so none of the actual Microsoft textures are uploaded to various web sites.

Microsoft Artist that worked for ACES Studio spent 1000's of hours to design scenery buildings and their work is not only protected but we should not upload their work.

The Authors of SABA did not do any of this but instead added all the Microsoft scenery placement code and textures to their download which makes the copyright questionable. You want everyone to honor the SABA copyright but the Authors did not honor any of the artist scenery buildings copyright.

Many of the Microsoft Scenery Librarys and building textures that are downloaded as part of the SABA Scenery came from

Anaheim a, b, c, d, e buildings and textures .dds
Anchor a, b, buildings and textures .dds
Atlanta altd, atle, atlf, atlw, (day, night and specular.dds)
Chicago a, b, c, d, Maintenance buildings
Cincinnati .dds
Denver Hangers2 .dds
Dallas Ft Worth North, South Maint and West cargo building .dds
Disney World Fantasy_Main building and Towers .dds
New York JFK Cargo, Hangers, and Jetway .dds
Las Vegas misc building .dds
Los Angeles Airport building .dds
Miami Maint buildings, Tower, Jetway_Lights dy and night .dds
Philadelphia Airport Hangers
Phoenix Honeywell Office Building, NW Maint and Terminal3 .dds
Seattle's a, b, c, d, e, f, g, _lm and day texture .dds
San Francisco a, c, d, e, f, _lm and day texture .dds
plus many more Cities that are from all the Region folders.

I do not find fault with all the work Pablo Contouris, Marcelo Veneziale & Guillermo Posadas did with SABE but I DO NOT feel I have to honor a copyright or get permission to use all the Microsoft Library's, Scenery, and Textures that I paid for when I purchased FSX and they used in their scenery and then uploaded to your web site.

Last edited: