• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Create parking spot within simulator

Country
newzealand
Hi there,

I've read the manual and searched the forums but to no avail.

I think it was a feature of AFCAD but I could have sworn it was added to ADE.
Is there a key I can press while in FSX/P3D (connected via ADE) to create a parking spot in the exact position and heading that I am in the sim?

I know I can edit it with the mouse, and change the heading with the proprieties but I found this method much faster.

Cheers,
Nick

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes - but it is a ProKey feature in ADE.

Jon

ADE shortcut says

o – makes aprons and polys display less transparent

However that is the same key that adds a parking spot when connected to FSX.

I see -------

The letter "o" cannot make something less transparent since the focus is on FSX and not ADE

Country
germany
How to make aprons and ground polys more or less transparent is described in chapter 4.3.6 in the Manual.
It was not included in earlier manual-versions, V.1.65 is the first one.
The feature must have been introduced in 2014.
I did not check the Change Notes :( for more clarification

Helli

Helli

Section 4.3.6 is correct and I don't see any need to update it. The more or less transparent always works when ADE has the focus window. Even if FSX is running and connected to ADE as long as ADE is the focus the Transparent keys work fine.

13.7.1 List of Currently Available ProKey Functions does not show in the list we can add the parking spot

15.2 Keyboard Shortcuts does not list the O key for adding a parking spot when FSX is connected to ADE and FSX has the focus (Prokey only).

Do you have a list of Keyboard shortcuts that work with Prokey only? I can't find one anywhere.

Country
germany
Thanks Jim!

- I must have missed the "Add Parking Spot"-function with ProKey.
- I will look for it in Jon's notes and add it to the list for the next Manual version
- I did not create a list with Keyboard Shortcuts. It's a good idea to add this too.

Thanks again

Helli

GHD

Country
england
Key codes:

How the hell do I do this whilst moving the mouse or joystick o_O

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is a
The "Ctrl" is accessibly with your nose :D

Helli

I saw a piece on an invention called a nose probe that a guy made so that he could use his smart phone in the bath and use the touch screen with this extension to his - well - nose. Looked a right idiot and even he admitted it was an entirely useless invention :)

Country
germany
Beethoven - or was it Brahms? - anyway, one of the famous German composers once wrote a piece for piano and dedicated it to an at that time also famous piano player.
The piano player practiced and came up with the argument, that the piece could not be played, because there was a passage, where the left hand had to play very low and the right hand very high.
And in the middle was a very important note, which could not be reached by either hand.
The famous piano player challenged that nobody could play that.
Beethoven - or Brahms ;) - sat down, played the piece and (you know what's coming of course) bent down his head and played the middle note perfectly with his nose.

I don't suppose that George is a famous piano player, is he?

Helli

GHD

Country
england
I can just about reach <Ctrl> and "P" with my little finger and thumb of my left hand. The only slight possibility of reaching the <Alt> key would be if I turned the keyboard through 180 degrees :rolleyes:

As for playing the piano, my only claim to fame is playing Chopsticks (with one finger of each hand) :wizard:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think we are drifting off topic here ;)

Country
unitedstates
Hi,
I'm editing an airport so the gates in the simulator match those in the real-world. However, there are more gates in the real airport than the simulator. How do I create a new parking spot? In all of the "Add" options, I can't find a way to add a new parking spot nor a jetway. I think I will need both of those components to create the new spots.
Regards,
Kevin Davis

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Click the Add Gate Button (select the type first)

1525533907538.png

The cursor changes to a circle. Move it to where you want it and left click to place it

1525533978436.png

1525533997741.png

When you are done adding. Hit the Esc key to get the pointer cursor back.

You can only add a jet way to a selected parking spot:

1525534079036.png

ADE will warn you if you try to add a jetway to a spot that should not have one such as vehicle parking