• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Creating a Global AI Shipping Package for FSX

Country
ca-quebec
I think so because I tried one hull in Gmax and as I remember it is more easy to "follow" the blue print lines. On FSDS I never use blue print...

Country
denmark
Maiden voyage

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Country
us-nevada
Decompiling

Read the suggestion but I still cannot decompile some of the files. I also seem to get a ctd between Vero beach and Patrick AFB Florida flying up the coast. Have tested and with all the AI ships removed the problem goes away. I love this work but can't seem to isolate this issue. Any ideas anyone?

Country
denmark
Read the suggestion but I still cannot decompile some of the files. I also seem to get a ctd between Vero beach and Patrick AFB Florida flying up the coast. Have tested and with all the AI ships removed the problem goes away. I love this work but can't seem to isolate this issue. Any ideas anyone?

Hi Mike,

I have tried to run through a 24 hour cycle and I can not provoke a CTD in that area - I found plenty of ships but no problems. I need to know exact date and time (local or GMT) to be 100 % sure - but I am quite sure that it is related to an installation problem or something else. The file you sent me last week was not installed according to the installation guide - you could have other similar problems.

I will send you the traffic files then you can try to run through them. But with the test I did today the routes should be okay and a problem of a ship would have appeared in other places also as all ships are used on many routes and all ships have been tested thoroughly after the mistake in pack 1 and for which there is a patch allready.

Regards to decompiling - well I am not able to decompile all of them either even if using the method suggested by Robystar. If somebody have some other idea on what causes the "Error 8" please come forward - anyway that doesn't affect that the file actually works...

Below a bit of what I found off Vero Beach today...

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

F70

Country
netherlands
I think i going make my FSX to FSS(hips) :rolleyes:
But it's going not so fast,about 10 mile in one hour then i sit a whole week on my computer for one trip.:eek:

But i was joking,looks good a nice complement for FSX.

Jan.

Hi Henrik, what is the next ai ship package going to be? Will there be any ships in the Dubai, Seychelles, Mauritius areas?

Country
denmark
Hi
The next pack should include at the Persian Gulf (including Dubai), the Mexican Gulf and the North Sea + Atlantic Coast of Norway - I am working on a couple of cruise ships including the Costa Favolosa a sistership to Costa Concordia and I have several oil industry related ships ready, which could be relevant in all of the three areas. I might divide the pack in the last moment and post pone the routes for one of them.
The Indian Ocean and the bay of Aden could also be in the next pack - but I am looking into possibilities to include some pirate targets for those having TacPack - my son has the bad habit of flying around in his F18 shooting down passenger planes so I would like to do some pirate hunting for him to keep him entertained and that might slow down the preparation as I am not sure how much can actually be done with new TacPack SDK.
Henrik

Thanks for the update Henrik, looking forward to your future releases. Keep up the great work and thank you for creating such a brilliant add-on :)

Country
austria
Dear Henrik (KL791)
I am very glad to get your AI-ships-packet. To find all your fantastic ships, I tried to decompile your bgl's with AIBTC, but I get only the errormessage "Error Cannot decompile traffic: 8"
Is there an other way to find the ships except by chance?

Sorry I haven't read all the posts before. Now I found this problem is already written!

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Dear Henrik (KL791)
I am very glad to get your AI-ships-packet. To find all your fantastic ships, I tried to decompile your bgl's with AIBTC, but I get only the errormessage "Error Cannot decompile traffic: 8"
Is there an other way to find the ships except by chance?

Sorry I haven't read all the posts before. Now I found this problem is already written!

Well, i am not sure if the problem was solved - because even I can't decompile all files... I will in future packs include the base files. For now a good solution for the impatient is the small programme airound available on simmarket. It gives you both a map plot and the possibility to follow the ships as if they where ai planes.

Country
austria
Thank you for answering so quickly. The problem is not solved; I also tried robys way, but it doesn't work. I am not so impatient;) and I can wait. In the meantime I am happy with all the ships I can see:)

Country
austria
Hi,
I watched the scenery from Ceuta and saw the famous Alboran_ferry. Can you tell me why there is such a "black street" in the water behind the ship?
I also watched the BMUltramar and there was no such effect! Is it because the ship is greater?

Country
denmark
Hi,
I watched the scenery from Ceuta and saw the famous Alboran_ferry. Can you tell me why there is such a "black street" in the water behind the ship?
I also watched the BMUltramar and there was no such effect! Is it because the ship is greater?

Yes, you need to download and install the "Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic" from Avsim, Simviation or Flightsim - it is a missing texture which causes the black wake.
Best regards
Henrik

Country
austria
Hi, thank you very much. Now it is more beautiful an I am content. Congratulations for your work! But I haven't seen all the ships distributed all over the world;)
Best regards
Christian

Country
denmark
Hi, thank you very much. Now it is more beautiful an I am content. Congratulations for your work! But I haven't seen all the ships distributed all over the world;)
Best regards
Christian

When the next pack comes up we will be a bit closer to saying "all over the world" even if there is a lot of water in FSX :) With repaints the total project will round more than 200 ships divided on more than 100 GMAX models. Today though has only been spent on reinstalling a new computer.

Country
denmark
After some troubled weeks the project is back on track with new models in the water. Release date is still uncertain but it is getting closer :) Merry Christmas to all of you

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]