Creating LWM Maps

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple water mask that is rectangular in shape in the ground near my home airport, but I'm finding the SDKs MS provide to be far from helpful, and I can't figure out the few freeware/shareware progs I've tried to do this with either (LWMViewer and another prog whos name escapes me right now). I've also attempted to use Ground2k4 in the past, but with no success.

If anyone could offer some guidance on the use of one of these apps to do what I'm after, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Best regards,
Robin.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Robin,

Personally I prefer SBuilder to make VTP and LWM polygons, because I like the interface of that program best. As it can also link with your position in FS, it should not be too hard to draw a LWM polygon with it next to your airport.

Hi everyone,

Many thanks - plenty of reading to do there! :D

@Arno - I couldn't get SBuilder to install! It kept asking me for a disc I didn't have during the installation, and it also managed to corrupt my windows installer (everything that used that said "SBuilder" on it)! :yikes: Do you have a link to the latest build? I'm not entire sure if the version I had was legit. :eek:

Happy holidays to all!

Best regards,
Robin.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
This thread explains how to get the latest version installed. It is a bit messy because the desginer built the program for himself and then released it for others. You should find all the releases on the site. Use your add remove programs function in the control panel first to make sure that you don't have any entry for SBuilder - if you do then delete and follow Jans installation order as per the entry in the middle of this post

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=628

If it still doesn't work let me know :)

PS do remember to install scasm.exe in the Sbuilder tools folder

Hi,

Many thanks for the link! I don't know why it wouldn't run before! :scratchch

Now to turn my local airport into a flood zone! :D :D

Best regards,
Robin.

Last edited: