• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Crosswind Runways at LOWW

Country
australia
I am trying to get crosswind runways to work at LOWW as I have done many times with other airports using the crosswind technique. This should be a simple, straight forward build as the two runways are relatively close in angle. However, I cannot get runway 11/29 to be used or recognised by ATIS. I have tried many things including reducing the angle gap to 7.4 degrees per runway (normally 7.8), checked the validity of runway 11/29 (starting points, heading, traffic take-off and landing both open, approaches correct and present, runway numbers correct). I have also checked for duplicate AFCADs Yet, when I tune into ATIS I hear runway 34 ILS, then the "fake" crosswind runways, but it stops short of runway 19 ILS. If I ty to select runway 19 as a request for taxi, its not an option. I am lost to know what is wrong as this is a technique I have used many times before. I have attached the AD4 file. The modification was from the stock P3Dv4 airport.

Attachments

• LOWW_ADEP4_JWH.ad4
    116.7 KB · Views: 148
Country
newzealand
jhambly,
I had a look at your ad4 file and your Xwind setup is wrong,
what you need to do is drag 11/29 to the bottom of your list then "Save" the ad4 file before you do anything else
ok, now go with 7.8 up from 116.0 until you get the 6 fake runways, changing the fake runway headings you already have, you will at least lose one of your fake runways you have now, then save and compile then test ATIS
I always go down with the fake runways but it should work going up as well................
hope this works for you :)

Country
australia
Hi, I tried this other direction also and back to 7.8 with 11/29 at the bottom as suggested. Now ATIS says active runways 34 and 23 only. I also have done this method both adding and subtracting 7.8 depending on which runway I want to be primary. Never come across this before. I have changed the magnetic variation of the default airport from -2 to -4 to make it up to date, but this should not effect the crosswind runway method as it is based on true headings not magnetic

Attachments

• LOWW_ADEP4_JWH.ad4
    117.6 KB · Views: 95
Country
newzealand
Your new file still shows the stock runways at the top of your list!!
the runways need to look like my file or they will never work
what you are getting is usually because you are not saving immediately after adding the fake runways and stock runways in the correct order
here's your file corrected, try it now :)

Last edited:
Country
australia
Thanks very much for this, will try the file you sent me. It is strange though, as when I open my ade4 file I get the runways as per the included screen shot, not with the default runways at the top???? Yet when you opened my file that it showed the default runways at the top. Could it have something to do with my runway list having the fields sorted by the heading column? Notice in the screenshot the little sort arrow in the heading column.

Attachments

• LOWW Pic.PNG
    LOWW Pic.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 150
Country
australia
OK. The plot thickens! I've tried compiling your ade4, making sure I have turned off the sorting on the list view just in case this had something to do with it. Saved the list in the correct order. Compiled. Opened P3D4 and still ATIS says runway 34 and runway 23 !!!! To try to see what is happening, I tried opening the complied bgl file with ade. When I do this, the runway list is back to showing the default runways on top - hence why it is not working. However, I cannot figure out why it is compiling this way which is completely different to the list order in the ad4 file.

Country
newzealand
Strange, i'm afraid i have no idea unless the compiler is wrong.....................
i don't have P3D so i cant test any further, keep in mind i used the FSX compiler to compile your file i uploaded, just to show you the correct list will save
maybe someone with P3D can add the crosswind runway setup with the default airport to do a test to see what they get when they compile a bgl..........

Last edited:
Country
australia
Thanks for trying :) I have actually managed to get it working but don't know why...I deleted the airport and obj bgl files from add on scenery. Checked the runway list again in the ad4 file. Recompiled with a variation on the name. Presto, everything now working as it should. The problem remains a mystery but I'm happy with the outcome!

Country
newzealand
perhaps possibly reading an old file not overwritten somewhere,
glad you solved the problem :)