P3D v4 Custom Ground Polys not showing

Hi i'm making photoreal airport, but when i add CGL (Custom Ground Lines) or CGP (Custom Ground Polys) and go to the simulator they don't appear. All others are visible but not CGL or CGP.

What's wrong?
I'm using P3D v4.1 and P3D v4.1 SDK

Thanks

gadgets

Resource contributor
SeneX, that's a VERY broad question with potentially a multitude of answers.

As a minimum, we need to have a copy of your AD4 file and to know:
* what type of add-on you are creating ((i.e., Scenery Library, add-on.xml, etc.),
* what destination you specified for the compiled files, and
* if any, what files you copied where.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Senex, I've had a quick look at your .ad4 file. While the purpose to which you've put the GPs is somewhat unusual (i.e., GP poly overlaying a taxiway), I see only one issue. That is, all your GPs are in Layer 24, so what you see will depend on the drawing order. For example, if the line is dran first, it will be covered by the taxiway. That being said, you should still see some of your GPs. Also, I notice you do not have a flatten in your configuration. PV3 GPs are drawn at the ground elevation under their reference point. If the ground elevation surrounding the reference point is even 1mm higher, part of (or all) the GP will be "buried". You can test for this problem by dding a sufficient elevation offset at compile time.

So, you need to fix the layers and add a flatten. As well, I would point out that PV3/4 GPs need ADE Version 1.75.

I am travelling at the moment and my travel system doesn't have PV3, so i can't test your compiled files. Please make the necessary changes and try again (using 1.75). If it still doesn't work, please post again and I'll take closer look when I get home next week.

Don

I added flatten and changed GP layer numbers but i dont see any GB things. Look at screenshots https://gyazo.com/0b4e4271d4d64cbdbfbad51072821192 https://gyazo.com/1e532b00d5834225701d68f258e84465
Runway and taxiways are layer 50 and runway marks layer 51.
Here's my new .ad4 file https://mega.nz/#!iNgh3T4J!UKld1XImo8ySxH_e_VYI8-Zo4Th-uRK-y7frsBtqFDc

PS. I think that P3D doesn't load my EFTU_GP file because when i'm in airport i can delete _GP.bgl file but i cant delete example normal .bgl file.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Try lowering your layer numbers. I could be wrong, but I recall PV4 is limited to zbias number > -50. A layer number of 50 would translate to a zbias of -50 and 51 to -51.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
You don't need to be concerned about Z-bias. ADE-GP converts layer to Z-bias automatically. But, if you want to learn about Z-Bias, you should refer to the SDK. There are also multiple posts on the subject in this forum.

I am still travelling but will be home soon. I'll have a look at your .ad4 file ASAP.

Don

PS. I think that P3D doesn't load my EFTU_GP file because when i'm in airport i can delete _GP.bgl file but i cant delete example normal .bgl file.
Windows only locks BGL files made with BglComp or Shp2Vec compilers. BGLs compiled by another compiler such as Scasm are not locked when they are in use. Your ability to delete the GP BGL while the scenery is active in P3D does not mean that the GP BGL is not being read.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Senex, I have loaded the last .ad4 file you sent, compiled it and displayed it with PV3. All GPs were displayed - even with layers 50/51 which are sometimes problematic.

The only issue I noted is that ADE required most of the GPs to be edited before they could be compiled - presumably because they has been moved since originally defined. I assume you didn't just click "No" when invited to do the same. (I noticed that the size of the compiled GP file I generated was 166kb whereas yours was only 71kb, suggesting your file was incomplete)

I do not have your photoscenery, so it's also possible the way you implemented it is overlaying the GPs.

All I can tell you is that ADE-GP is doing what it is supposed to. I leave it to you (perhaps with the help of others) to sort out any scenery conflicts which may be suppressing the display of the GPs. (I'm not proficient in the use of photoscenery.)

Don

I have tired without photoscenery but without success. I don't understand what i do wrong because in P3D V3 is a same thing. Can you send your compiled version? And i'll try it. And did you use Offset GP Elevation? Thanks

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
The revised .ad4 file (see below) and the compiled files are attached. Previously, I had compiled for PV3, confusing your issue with that of another user. As I said, everything was normal. With PV4, things were not so straightforward. When I first compiled for PV4, the lines were visible at one end of the runway only, disappearing gradually below the runway surface, suggesting that the underlying terrain was sloped. I added a flatten at ARP elevation and changed the layer of the polys to 24. I left the line layers unchanged since there are so many lines. Following compilation of the edited file, everything displayed normally. I used the default elevation offset of 7 mm.

Don

Attachments

Ok problem was me. Your compiled files works but when i compile your project file and put offset elevation to 7mm. I don't see any GP layers AGAIN!!... WTF what i do wrong? Here is link to video that how i compile the files.

PS: I noticed that your EFTU_CVX.blg is 647 bytes and mine only 380 bytes

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
If my files work and yours don't, then it seems to me the only reason can be that your files are different from mine. Are they? Certainly (as I reported yesterday) the GP.bgl you sent me is much smaller then the one I generated. Is this still the case? If so, you need to explore why. That the CVX file is also smaller suggests a compiler issue. I am using ADE 1.75.6421 running in PV4 mode and bglcomp.exe date-stamped 2017-05-25 from the PV4 World\Scenery SDK.

The other possibility, while remote (since my files display), is that there is interference by some other Pv4 scenery/addon. Can't help you with that - other than to tell you the first step in investigating such a problem is to disable all other scenery and addons to the extent possible.

While I don't see it contributing to the problem, you seem to be taking a lot of unnecessary steps. You could compile directly to the PV4 scenery folder and avoid al the copying/pasting.

Don

Hi SeneX and gadgets. I've the same problem than Senex with GP. I'm working on Maribor Airport (LJMB) and I whish use GP for drawing taxiways and aprons but I cannot see th GP after compiling.
I'm using the last release of P3D (V4.1) and SDK (4.1.7.22841), Windows 10 (1709), ADE 1.75, GP 2210...
The scenery incude a photoreal scenery with SbuilderX313.
I've tested many combinations of layers for GP...
I think there is an issue while compiling...

Attachments

Last edited: