FS2004 Custom Light lighting up in fog (Aerosoft did it...)

Hi all

Trying to get my airport lighting correct I still wasn't able to find a work around for the low vis option...
Checking Aerosoft EDDL I noticed they did it! But how? Decompiling the bgl learnd me they use a texture file to create the light but not how they led it light up at fog etc... they even have elevated appr lights that light up at fog :eek:
Is there anyone that could take a look at that and maybe find out how?

As far as I can read this works only in FSX and not FS9? Plus that it doesn't light up in fog during the day...

As far as I can read this works only in FSX and not FS9? Plus that it doesn't light up in fog during the day...
Im sure it works in Fs9 aswell as after all it is just a effect file which fs9 uses aswell im not really sure about how to implement this in fs9 as i dont use it anymore..but for fsx you would change the parameters for the effect when attaching it to the box inside of gmax/3ds max which ever one your using

I don't think Aerosoft used effects. But then again I'm not that used to the codes I currently see in the .sca file I decompiled from the EDDL_RWYLAMPEN.BGL file and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post that code here...

Aerosoft used to use SCASM based lights in FS2004 and also many times in FSX.
Take a look at AFLT, as far as I can tell it uses the same method.