• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 CYWG James Richardson International Airport - Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Country
ca-saskatchewan
All but finished the Manitoba Government hangar, which is where the province's CL-215 and CL-415 water bombers are often seen. Here are some WIP screen shots of the hangar taken in Model Converter.
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-1.jpg
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-2.jpg
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-3.jpg
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-4.jpg
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-5.jpg
CYWG-WIP_13-OCT-2018-6.jpg

Greg

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Exchange Petroleum Shell Aerocentre.... So much glass I had to do the interior of the lounge. The rock garden will eventually have some small trees. Finish off with a view of the Exchange Income Corporation cluster of buildings (Calm Air, Perimeter, Shell Aerocentre), museum and Manitoba Government Air Services hangar. Just about finished this sector of the airport.

Greg

CYWG-WIP_9-NOV-2018-1.jpg
CYWG-WIP_9-NOV-2018-3.jpg
CYWG-WIP_9-NOV-2018-4.jpg
CYWG-WIP_9-NOV-2018-5.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Exchange Petroleum Shell Aerocentre.... So much glass I had to do the interior of the lounge. The rock garden will eventually have some small trees. Finish off with a view of the Exchange Income Corporation cluster of buildings (Calm Air, Perimeter, Shell Aerocentre), museum and Manitoba Government Air Services hangar. Just about finished this sector of the airport.

Greg

View attachment 45530View attachment 45531View attachment 45532View attachment 45533
One Word.... Awesome! cant wait for this to be released. Thank You Greg for your work!

Country
switzerland
Woow... what a tremendous work so far! You've treated the scenery the real best way a scenery can be designed for FS9 these days... I really appreciate, that you still stick on it, when most people changed to P3D V4 allready.
Keep it coming! Can't wait to see the end result. It's coming together that beautiful! And the best of all is, it is still a freeware project... Awesome! I feel like, this should really become a Payware project. Apart from all the work, the time and the professionalism and effort of the texturing you put in it! It's a real masterpiece of your work for fs9.

This should be a real pleasure to fly the Saab 340 of Calm Air in and out of Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Country
ca-saskatchewan
And finally, some static aircraft. I am very pleased to announce that David Rawlins (AI Aardvark) has built me a static model of the Canadair CL-215 water bomber. The government of Manitoba has seven of these aircraft, which are easily spotted parked around Winnipeg airport. I am very grateful to David for volunteering to build such a high quality model for my scenery.
CYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2018-5.jpg
CYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2018-6.jpg
CYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2018-7.jpg
An AI traffic version of the model was recently put in the two main flight simulation libraries.

I have posed the models where they are often tied down and put a couple of them in the Manitoba government hangar.

Happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and best wishes to everyone in 2019.

Greg

Country
switzerland
Very awesome! I am so proud that even the engine test facilities were simulated in your scenery... that's quiet a realistic scenery now... love for David for volunteering for the CL-215's... that's a hell of a good work together!

Can't wait to have this scenery... i am curiouse to take a look at it all once i have it integrated in my sim!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all those who celebrate it out there in canada and all over the world!

Country
ca-manitoba
Well done Greg. I always wondered where that engine testing facility was...Merry Christmas!

Country
us-michigan
Those Cl215's in the hangar look pretty sweet! Nice job as always, and thank you for waking up David and his modeling skills! Been a nice treat.

Greg

Country
ca-saskatchewan
I took a break from airport buildings to model the Skymark 10,000 gallon commercial aviation refueler, which is commonly seen on the terminal ramp at CYWG. The model is quite detailed for a static object so it was built with multiple LODS.
2019-01-26 14_58_11-ModelConverterX - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.mdl - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.png
2019-01-26 14_59_15-ModelConverterX - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.mdl - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.png2019-01-26 15_00_14-ModelConverterX - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.mdl - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.png2019-01-26 15_01_10-ModelConverterX - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.mdl - Skymark_Refueler_LOD_S.png

Country
switzerland
Still getting better and better... i am stunned and really overwhelmed about your love to include such an amount of details and so well textured... I can't wait for the release...

One of a hell of a masterpiece of your Scenery Creation... Just jawdropping wooooow... Awesome!! Love it!

Btw. will this refueler be retrievable in FS9 to fill the tanks of our planes we fly?
Like some sort of Aerosoft AES-like capability (but just freeware)... that would be awesome... or will it even be compatible with AES? Or only a static object, cruising around on the Apron Grounds?
What will be the intended idea behind the scenes of this refueler?

Last edited: