• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Default Airport Objects Disappearing!

Country
us-minnesota
SOLVED! I just had to move all of the generic objects around a tiny bit and they appeared in game!

Recently I decided to make an airshow scenery for KNUQ Moffett Federal Airfield. I made the scenery, compiled to AddonScenery/Scenery, went in to check it out and... all of the buildings that were originally at the airport were gone, but all of the stuff I'd put down was still there, exactly as I'd placed it. I'm running ADE 1.66.5555 on Win 7. Any ideas as to what happened? I didn't touch the default buildings at all.

EDIT: I have just upgraded to ADE 1.67.5684

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Welcome. It might help us if you post (by uploading a File to a post) your ADE project File (.ad4). It sounds like you may have deleted the stock objects from the airport but without seeing the project file we can't tell.

Country
us-minnesota
This is a modification of a stock airport, but this has happened 3 times before when i tried to edit stock sceneries. The .ad4 is attatched. Thanks for your quick replies.

Attachments

• KNUQ_ADEX_MW.ad4
    56.7 KB · Views: 154
Country
us-florida
I compiled your project to my Addon Scenery/Scenery and it looks to me like all the stock objects including ones that you added are visible. I did get some messages about unfound objects when the airport loaded but I assumed that those weren't stock objects.
KNUQ.jpg
Ed

Country
us-minnesota
Ok, I moved the larger hangar on the left a smidgeon in ADE and It appeared in game on a recompile. Odd.

Last edited:
Country
us-minnesota
SOLVED! I just had to move all of the generic objects around a tiny bit and they appeared in game!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well without wishing to rain on your parade that may work but points to some other file set at a higher priority which is excluding stock objects. By moving them you are getting them off the location of the tiny excludes that are created by ADE to hide objects from the stock files.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well do you have any traffic or AI packages or general scenery enhancements like ORBX? You can use something like Simple Airport Scanner (http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795) to find out what might be loading after your bgl file. This article explains how FS loads files and in what order: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199760-priority-matters.

If you want to use a built in version of the scanner that makes things a bit easier search for the loaded airport then we will be releasing an update containing that in the next day or so:

ScreenShot00223.jpg

Country
us-minnesota
So... I'm still kinda confused on how to use the Scanner. If the airport I was editing doesn't show up... Is everything well with the world? This is like drinking from a fire hose...

Also, keep in mind that this isn't the first time this has happened to my sceneries.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I assume you have compiled your airport and it is in somewhere like Addon Scenery\scenery. What the scanner does is to look for all the airports in all the different bgl files that are in the simulator folders. It then uses the scenery list you can display in FS settings to sort the bgl files in the order in which they are loaded by FS. These are listed in the display in that order. Bear in mind that the first one on the list is the one that loads last (sorry if that is counter intuitive but think of it as a pile of plates being put one on another in the order specified by the FS settings. The critical thing is that your file is on the top of the heap. If another one or more are above it then they will in effect stop your version of the airport from displaying in the sim. Generally always make sure that Addon Scenery is at the top of the list of scenery areas in your Scenery Settings in FS. This means that any files in there will load after all the others and they should get to display.

Country
us-minnesota
Ok, thanks for the explanation. My Addon Scenery is not at the top of the list in the Scenery Library, but there are no other discrepancies as far as Airport Scanner has shown. How do I move Addon Scenery to the top without unchecking other stuff above and losing some of my nice payware sceneries like FlyTampa Maarten?

Country
us-minnesota
Oooooooohhhhhhhhh... always wondered what those were for... thanks a lot! I'll try it out.

Country
us-minnesota
No luck, went to an airport I had worked on and compiled a while ago and even after shifting the buildings a tiny bit, nothing showed up except for the tower.