• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Default filter FTYPE="POLYGON"

Country
slovakia
I want create scenery for Katoomba airfield in Blue Mountain in Australia and have big problem with the vegetation. Forests and woods are defined as MULTIPOLYGON and not POLYGON, but scenproc uses default filter for many steps FTYPE="POLYGON". In result, scenproc doesn't create any forest or wood. Exists any way how to convert MULTIPOLYGON to POLYGON ?
Thamk You in advance.

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Well, that's pretty easy:
Open up the shapefile in a GIS software, and convert it to a simple polygon file (In ArcMap this feature is called "Explode").
Then it should work :D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

scenproc doesn't know multi polygons internally, it is all called polygon. So that should not be the reason you have no output.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Glad to hear you solved it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If it also doesn't work with Annotator, I don't think you have a typo. In that case it might be more likely it is the vegetation class you are using or something else.

Country
germany
Hey would You do me a favor and check the runtime of my airport on your fs? I have attached my etnn seperated in two files due to the size.
If you can see the vegetation around the mil hangars in the south west airport part.
And a question to you, when I start in dev mode, the simulation is always paused which causes the load of the game being extended. Also after selecting my flight (like from etnn) the ready to fly creen ist also having simulation pause which again extends the load time. Is that the same for You?

Attachments

• airportteam-etnn.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 124
  • airportteam-etnn (2).zip
    4 MB · Views: 106

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Which sim are you developing for? Dev mode sounds like MSFS, but scenProc only supports FSX and P3D.

Also on airport it is normal that no autogen shows. In an area around the runway autogen is automatically removed.

Country
germany
Sorry, MSFS yes, runway is pretty close but no direct contact, there are aprons and taxiway between the polygon and runway.
I'll try in far distance later but I think it will make no difference.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'm not even sure if FSX autogen does work in MSFS...

Country
germany
Well I found a youtube video where it was shown as a working feature 4 month ago for MSFS but it's not working for me. Ok anyway thx for try to help.

Country
germany
In the last weeks I followed all the different threats about issues with different parts of the sim. So I decided to make a cut and do a fresh installation, initially the msfspackages directory so the big one 100+GB. Not successful but after a complete fresh installation 1.03GB all my issues are gone now. So thx again for your interest in my problem.