• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Default gas station impossible to delete.

Country
ca-quebec
I'm working on a msfs 2020 regional airport and i have already did many modification on it but the problem is that I can't clear the gas station by default which I think is not located in the right place.
I already try with polygon exclusion rectangle nothing to do, the gas station is always there.
i have looked at airport properties options but find no gas station delete.
Someone have a solution?

Country
us-newyork
I assume that you do mean polygon and not exclusion rectangle. What are your settings on the polygon? I do know that exclusion rectangles don't work. They appear to be broken ATM.

Country
us-newyork
If you look in your project folder, the list of properties for your airport's polygons are found in:

<Polygon name>.xml

<Polygon Name>.shp
can be viewed in either ARCGIS or any app that imports ESRI files. My version of Excel reads DBF files, so I don't bother looking at the actual polygon in ARCGIS. The file <Polygon Name>.dbf has one record for each polygon in the project and displays each variable's setting corresponding to the structure provided in <Polygon name>.xml. The settings should match up against the settings in the SDK Scenery Editor.

You could try just excluding MS and OSM buildings, but I haven't had any trouble using individual polygons to hide buildings.

Country
us-newyork
Is this the same problem that another user just asked about?

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/exclude-refuelling-stations.449307/

Sorry, I thought that you meant the autogen petrol/gas stations for cars that scattered throughout the game. If you mean the equipment that accompanies the parking type called "fuel", maybe it can be deleted here:
XML:
<DeleteAirport
            deleteAllApproaches="FALSE"
            deleteAllApronLights="FALSE"
            deleteAllAprons="TRUE"
            deleteAllFrequencies="TRUE"
            deleteAllHelipads="TRUE"
            deleteAllRunways="TRUE"
            deleteAllStarts="TRUE"
            deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE"
            deleteAllBlastFences="FALSE"
            deleteAllBoundaryFences="FALSE"
            deleteAllJetways="TRUE"
            deleteAllControlTowers="FALSE"
            deleteAllDepartures="FALSE"
            deleteAllArrivals="FALSE"
            deleteAllPaintedElements="FALSE"
            deleteAllLightSupports="FALSE"
            deleteAllTaxiwaySigns="FALSE"
            deleteAllILSs="FALSE"
            deleteAllTerminalWaypoints="FALSE"
            deleteAllTerminalNDBs="FALSE"/>

Just thinking out loud here... I would try deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE". I would hope that taxiways deletes all the taxiway links and points for the default airport. Since the parking spots are taxiway points, maybe they can be deleted. If the fuel parking is deleted, maybe the fuel filling station object will disappear also. Or not. :confused:

In any case, unless one wants to the preserve information from the stock airport, all these items should be set to TRUE.

Country
ca-quebec
It's working now .No more default fuel station .
The solution deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE".
Thank's to you Jay Bloomfield .

Country
denmark
Hello Jay and Beaulac, i cant find the XML file where you can edit the fuelstation away, pls throw some light in the dark ;) thanks in advance

Country
unitedstates
Hello Jay and Beaulac, i cant find the XML file where you can edit the fuelstation away, pls throw some light in the dark ;) thanks in advance
You cannot edit it away per se. When you create an airport, in the airport object properties at the bottom of the list is "Delete Airport". In there is a selection to delete taxiways (and parking spaces, basically everything to do with taxiways). Select that. Then you'll have to rebuild all the taxiways and parking spaces for the airport.

When ADE is released, he usually is able to read and load a whole airport, so you don't have to rebuild everything, but I imagine that is at least a few months away from release.

Country
malaysia
I've also faced this issue.
The solution is to create "airport" and delete all items. You will lost all airport data and need to create a new airport from scratch.:(
The default fuel station will be gone.

Country
denmark
Thanks Zurib ;O)
by the way, do You know if the blue taxi-light objects (lamps), are "set to show" in the build taxiway process, ore are they just objects that can be excluded

Country
unitedstates
I've also faced this issue.
The solution is to create "airport" and delete all items. You will lost all airport data and need to create a new airport from scratch.:(
The default fuel station will be gone.
You don't have to delete ALL items, just the taxiways to delete the fuel stations.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks Zurib ;O)
by the way, do You know if the blue taxi-light objects (lamps), are "set to show" in the build taxiway process, ore are they just objects that can be excluded

It depends on how the "blue Lights" were created. In most situations with the default airports, they're most likely the taxiway lights option turned on with the taxiways (these would be the stupid lights in the middle of aprons)... So by "deleting" taxiways, they'll disappear as well. If that doesn't do it, then they are probably associated with the aprons, so "deleting" aprons will take care of those. I'm imagining apron lights are less obnoxious?

If those options don't work, then they are probably objects, so an exclusion rectangle might work, maybe not, just as roads and streetlights can't currently be excluded.

Country
denmark
It depends on how the "blue Lights" were created. In most situations with the default airports, they're most likely the taxiway lights option turned on with the taxiways (these would be the stupid lights in the middle of aprons)... So by "deleting" taxiways, they'll disappear as well. If that doesn't do it, then they are probably associated with the aprons, so "deleting" aprons will take care of those. I'm imagining apron lights are less obnoxious?

If those options don't work, then they are probably objects, so an exclusion rectangle might work, maybe not, just as roads and streetlights can't currently be excluded.
Hej Again, Yes, the blue taxilights are set in the Taxiway selection menu when creating the new airport ;) Take Care

Country
malaysia
You don't have to delete ALL items, just the taxiways to delete the fuel stations.
Sure? I have test it before but it's still on the apron. (before update the SDK).
The moving vehicle also gone?
I will try it in future. Thanks