P3D v4 Default Scenery Taxiway Signs Persist at Add-on Airports

Why are default taxiway signs persisting at add-on airports? Doesn't matter if they are in their own scenery area or in my 'addon airports area. These areas are at the top of the scenery priority.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If you want some help then a bit more information would be in order. If it happens with addon scenery then the first person to ask is the developer. Otherwise please give us a specific example

I've attached screenshots below. This happens at some, not all freeware airports I've downloaded from AVSIM. I recompile every airport BGL with ADE 1.78 using the most up to date P3D SDK.

Some airports are put in their own scenery areas, some are put into a catch-all addon airport scenery area.

This isn't limited to taxi signs. It also applies to localizers and glide slope antennas but those aren't as noticeable.

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Please provide the bgl file(s) that give rise to this error

Attached is the KCLT file that is shown in the screenshots. The original file was an FSX version downloaded from AVSIM by John Boatner (kclt_334801.zip).

Attachments

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Neither of these have any exclusion rectangles or scenery objects. Is there a second bgl file containing scenery objects? When you created the project in v4 did you Load Stock Data?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK I think you need to load stock data. When I did this on your MYNN file the number of taxi signs went up for 79 to 167. This small image shows four signs in two pairs in slightly different locations. Each pair represents a sign from your bgl file and one from the v4 stock file.

1587907841765.png

One of the pair at the top is on the taxiway and may be a stock sign. You either need to delete all the signs you have in the original file which I don't recommend or delete the stock signs.

As it happens we are working on an update to make identifying stock items easier since what you have here happens in spades in P3D v5. This is becasue LM recompiled all the airports with new objects and updated layouts.

Give me 48 hours to finish the update and we will see where we go