Default zoom level

tgibson

Resource contributor
That might be it, but more likely it's an object within that SceneGraphNode's hierarchy. But I'm not sure what use this information will be to you, since you can't edit the bounding box here...

Thanks for your answer. I thought as much. It would be great if I could the previous build, which worked well for this aircraft.

The older version I got cannot read the newer model files.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P585 mit Tapatalk

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I can only suspect that you had a quite old version before, where CFG points were not read yet. That might explain the difference. To verify that you would need to scroll down in the hierarchy and see if any of the CFG points have a big bounding box. Might also be the aircraft.cfg for this specific aircraft contains a mistake resulting in a big value.

Although you haven't confirmed yet that the CFG points are the issue, I have just modified MCX so that it will only look at the geometry and not at the CFG points when determining the zoom value. Another developer had asked for that before already, so I have implemented it now. It will be in the next development release.

Thank you very much, for updating the app, but it did not change the situation.

I will have to make use, with what I have got, but thanks for your help. I wonder, whether it has also something to do with the latest beta release. I'll keep you posted.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Since we don't have your model, the only thing you can do is check which node in the hierarchy editor makes the bounding box so big.

I checked through the hierarchy and the values I posted earlier are the big ones.

When I select the node then the whole model shows up red. All the other nodes only highlight only parts of the model.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Correct, default value is still false as initially this feature was a bit buggy. But since it is more stable now I should probably set it to true by default.