• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Denpasar Bali airport in development

Country
australia
Linden,
As an old flight simmer, and an annual visitor to Bali, I was amazed to find your fantastic Denpasar airport scenery, but no further forum posts since July 2010. Have you completed your project and is it available somewhere?
Regards
Rodger Baker
Adelaide
South Australia

Country
netherlands
Hi Rodger,

I was recently very busy with a move, to a new bigger home, this took a lot of my time, also I had to do a big renovation at my new home, that took more months.
and all the renovation work is done now, and I'm very satisfied with my new home.
My last post about this airport was in December 2015. just 2 months before the move started.
The good news is I have now the time to resume the work on the Bali airport again, and it is in very advanced stage now.
unfortunately, I can't give a release date, because there are some issues in the scenery which have to be fixed. like object crashes, and some more things.
Also, there are much more projects on the roll, in India, Thailand, Japan, and Indonesia.
But first I have to finish the Bali project.
My idea is, if it is ready, to upload it here so that people can try it, and give advices, bug reports, and feedback on it.

regards

m van der linden

Last edited:
Country
australia
Thanks "Linden" for your quick reply. Sorry, I got your dates mixed up. Looking forward to seeing your scenery when you release it. I am off up to Bali again in August, flying direct from Adelaide on a 5 hour flight with Tigerair for the first time, which airline has recently taken over the route from Virgin Australia. Been going up there since 2000.Simply love the place. Been all over, and back in 2013 flew across to Bandung and staying with my Son who was working for the Indonesian Govt at the time.
All the best,
Regards
Rodger

Country
netherlands
I have uploaded the WADD scenery to Avsim today, it should soon be avialable on that site
I did all my best to create this nice scenery on my intel core I3-540, so I hope that the frames also will be good for others too.
there are maybe some object they may cause a crash into object, so turn the crash settings off in your fsx settings.

Country
australia
Linden,Thank's very much.7:00am here in Adelaide Tuesday 31/5. Great start to the day. I had a quick look on AVSIM but it is not up yet. Will check again tonight. I am sure the flight sim community will appreciate all your hard work as much as I do.
Regards
Rodger

Country
netherlands
Unfortunately, it is still not avialable yet, i will contact the avsim staff to see what went wrong, I'm very sorry for the delay.

Edit: It is on Avsim now.

Last edited:
Country
france
Its downloading right now :)
I,m sure I will love is as I love your PGUM scenery too :) what do you plan for next time? :)

Country
netherlands
Hi Marc,
great to hear, you like it.
My next planned projects are in India, Africa, Japan, and Indonesia, the current scenery I working on will be the VOBL airport in India, I can say that the VOBL project is going very well, i will start a new thread for the VOBL project soon.
stay tuned.
Happy landings, and take off's at WADD.

These next projects are planned:
India- VOCL
India- VOHS
India- VTCT
India- VTSF
Japan- ROMY
Japan- RJEC
Japan- RJSK
Japan- RJCB
Indonesia- WAMM
Africa- FAKN
Africa- GBYD
Mataveri islnads- SCIP

Last edited:
Country
france
Thank you, this was a long awaited airport scenery for FSX.
I know that BDO aviation also made one for sale, but their airport has unfortunately
a very barren environment, also Aerosoft is working a WADD too.
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/105364-bali-airport/

Aerosoft one looks to be more complete (large photoreal coverage) what software to you use for 3D? (I saw a pics for how to make the Bali roof on Sketchup, you still use Sketchup?

Country
netherlands
Yes, I'm still using sketchup, it is very easy to use, there are many tutorials on the internet for sketchup, also there are many usefull plugins for it.
here on the forum are also many tutorials for sketchup.
When aerosoft release it, I will buy that one for sure, indeed Aerosoft's one looks very good.

Country
australia
Got it this morning 1/6 Adelaide time. Fantastic, and well worth the wait, with some 120 already downloads from AVSIM. Thanks once again Linden for all your great work.
Regards Rodger

Country
netherlands
Got it this morning 1/6 Adelaide time. Fantastic, and well worth the wait, with some 120 already downloads from AVSIM. Thanks once again Linden for all your great work.
Regards Rodger
You're welcome, I'm very happy to do this for the community.

Country
netherlands
You're welcome, I'm very happy to do this for the community.

Thank Linden,

I am using your creation on P3D V3 it works fine.

But I noticed it is heavy on FPS and VAS. I am using PMDG T7, ASN, REX and custom AI. I set my AI to max 90 planes. To compare with this settings I get more FPS with FT OMDB (around 20 FPS) on cloudy day and on WADD I am getting 12 FPS.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Country
netherlands
Thank Linden,

I am using your creation on P3D V3 it works fine.

But I noticed it is heavy on FPS and VAS. I am using PMDG T7, ASN, REX and custom AI. I set my AI to max 90 planes. To compare with this settings I get more FPS with FT OMDB (around 20 FPS) on cloudy day and on WADD I am getting 12 FPS.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Thanks for the report, I will take a look at it, maybe I can optimize the VAS and FPS usage, nice to hear, that it also runs on P3D V3 too.
On what kind of system do you run it?
and do you mean 90 planes, or 90% of ai planes?.

Country
netherlands
I am running

Asus Z170 Pro Gamers
i5 6500K oc'ed to 4.4 Ghz
16 Gb DDR4 2666 MHZ
ATI 7870

I mean 90 planes not 90%. I am using traffic optimizer, can be found at AVSIM.

THanks again for the work. At the moment I dont dare to fly to WADD with T7 fearing it will be single digit FPS.

Thanks for the report, I will take a look at it, maybe I can optimize the VAS and FPS usage, nice to hear, that it also runs on P3D V3 too.
On what kind of system do you run it?
and do you mean 90 planes, or 90% of ai planes?.

fantastic scenery,impressed with the texture quality!!! sadly I too am experiencing low frames with an aerosoft A320. about 7-14 fps max on running on P3D v2. very choppy.

as a comparison I usually get 20-30 fps with flytampa or flightbeam studios.

Country
germany
I also tried it in p3d. All the buildings are there and it looks nice. But the frames are mostly in the single digits as well. Maybe a problem with p3d. I get around 30 + at other payware addons like ft ekch.

Thanks anyways. I hope it can be made compatible with p3d. (Including the terminal and apron lights at night)

hello

thx for a wonderful scenery. much appreciated

Im using in FSX and have also noted low fps and this with simple freeware aircraft

also one other minor thing noted was the wave effect of the ocean bleeding through from across the threshold of runway 9 around to the left area near the water

Last edited: