• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Development Version 1.79.7475 Available

Country
unitedstates
OK, Those Windows 10 is a stupid system again and again! The thumbnail images don't show up! I don't understand why!!!! How I supposed to fix back to normal most images should be back into the 179 Test folder from 165? What file should I look for it? I can't figure it out. I have copied thumbnail.idx. But not working images. Sigh! What should I do fix, please?

Thanks,

Stuart

Country
unitedstates
Can you please help me with how to bring them image thumbnail back to 179 Test folder from 165 folder? What filename or suggestion step by step installation? I'm puzzled. I'm getting a few images than 165 has a bunch of images. What is the cause or how it happens?

Thanks again,

Stuart

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
In the FS9 folder inside the ADE main folder is a folder called Thumbs

Copy the contents of the Thumbs folder in 1.65 into the corresponding folder in 1.79 Make sure to copy all the folders inside the Thumbs folder as well

In the copy if you get duplicates then skip them

Country
unitedstates
You mentioned but it doesn't work quite right. I found it was wrong version not 165 and found 175. I copied some files were missing. I fixed everything. All is running up fine for now. All images back normal. I don't know why.

Thanks,

Stuart

Country
us-arizona
Does ProKey work in this build, I'm getting an error after dropping in the .dll file?.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• ADE_ProKey_error.jpg
    ADE_ProKey_error.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 271
Country
maldives
I noticed two problems:

1) when loading the stock navigation data and then remove it through the ADE tools menu, the stock waypoints are not deleted(while all the rest of the stock is removed)...
2) ADE neither reads the ILS CAT(if it is there) directly from the .bgl, it is also not saved in the project...

I just wanted to know if this is a bug or not? :scratchch

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
(1) I would need to test
(2) It likely to be a bug but it has not been reported before.

Country
us-texas
Hi Jon,

I can see that you are busy embracing the new sim. Has this activity delayed the 1.80 release of the "legacy" ADE?

Thank you.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The current version is a development version 1.79 but it is stable and at this moment just changing the version number seems not needed

Country
maldives
(1) I would need to test
(2) It likely to be a bug but it has not been reported before.
I will add one more problem to these two problems, or maybe this is how it should be? :scratchch
when we select to copy an object and then press paste, it is inserted into the place from which we copied it and not where we clicked to paste ... this is very inconvenient:confused:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not here it doesn't. I select an object and right click > copy objects. Then I move the cursor where I want to paste and right click > past objects and I get the copy where I want it.

Maybe it is certain object types?