• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Dhaka Ground Polygon and Custom Landclass for another VFR airport.

Country
bangladesh
So it has been a while since we last came up with Dhaka's update. Just to let you know, the project is still alive and we are continuing the work well enough.

Forget all our previous ground polygons, here's something that's going to be final in the scenery hopefully.

This is a raw image from our Photoshop work, it is going to be the ground polygon and custom hand-drawn land-class too, pretty much like you see in ORBX ;), for a VFR airport we are working on.

11986549_10153551145875460_3842184589403988839_n.jpg

And this is currently how Dhaka's runway looks like, the new and final ground polygon which we recently made, ignore the low resolution, we will make it 2048 once it's final :).

11850530_877012665681125_2845275638302302357_o.jpg

11823098_877012445681147_803628372608071911_o.jpg

Do let us know how you like it and any suggestions and advices and most welcome :).

Performance impact - 0% FPS loss, honestly :).

Country
bangladesh
Some more updates here. The ramp for the VFR airport is almost complete. Remaining: surroundings around this area.
3D models done, texturing about to start.
5cfd97378ed4a1568f689d006573447e.jpg

Country
macedonia
Looks good, are you making this airport with orbx work principe or just with 3ds max and put the textures in different slot?

Country
bangladesh
Looks good, are you making this airport with orbx work principe or just with 3ds max and put the textures in different slot?
To be honest, the ORBX way :D.
Like ORBX, instead of photoreal scenery, it's all hand drawn from scratch in Photoshop, and will be placed using the technique ORBX uses for their VFRs ;).
Expect something great soon :).

Country
bangladesh
is this runway made by following the orbx way tell me please?
No no, not this. This runway is a ground polygon. The surrounding area is a photoreal, and this is Dhaka.

I was talking about the VFR airport. As you can see in the very first image and the latest one I posted, RWY 17, the surroundings, that's what is going to be similar to the ORBX way of hand drawing the stuff - landclass instead of photoreal. This whole work was done from scratch and this is totally hand drawn in Photoshop.

And even Dhaka ground polygon is hand drawn in Photoshop, but the landclass won't be hand drawn as we have a very good photoreal imagery for Dhaka which serves the same purpose. Because this VFR airport doesn't have a good imagery, so we took this step and it's really beneficial when you don't have a photoreal imagery. We haven't yet placed the hand drawn landclass, we will soon, some more details are being added. We surely will keep you all updated :).
And I will reply you with some links and stuff when I open PC. Sorry I am not in PC now, will reply as soon as I can :).

Country
macedonia
No no, not this. This runway is a ground polygon. The surrounding area is a photoreal, and this is Dhaka.

I was talking about the VFR airport. As you can see in the very first image and the latest one I posted, RWY 17, the surroundings, that's what is going to be similar to the ORBX way of hand drawing the stuff - landclass instead of photoreal. This whole work was done from scratch and this is totally hand drawn in Photoshop.

And even Dhaka ground polygon is hand drawn in Photoshop, but the landclass won't be hand drawn as we have a very good photoreal imagery for Dhaka which serves the same purpose. Because this VFR airport doesn't have a good imagery, so we took this step and it's really beneficial when you don't have a photoreal imagery. We haven't yet placed the hand drawn landclass, we will soon, some more details are being added. We surely will keep you all updated :).
And I will reply you with some links and stuff when I open PC. Sorry I am not in PC now, will reply as soon as I can :).

So for the runway you are using the tutorial of the year 2014+ ?? And can you explain how you are making any realism on the ground poly like fuel stumps and etc..(changing any opacity for the texture or something like this) thank you

Country
azerbaijan
Shafat,

Can you please explain how you make custom landclass textures "Orbx-way" instead of photoreal? Any tips, tutorial?

My Google image of the island is also low resolution and custom landclass textures (?) will come in handy.

Thanks!