• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Diamond DA40 by LHC

Country
us-arizona
Hey all,

My new girl, coming together.

Refinements being carried out on the Garmins. Starting to look finished. Still alot of work to be done.

7429572090_d01eb71657_b.jpg

7429571926_eba558b99c_b.jpg

7429571778_b5c9b126e9_b.jpg

7429612902_0314072237_b.jpg

Country
us-arizona
Yep. I didnt mean for that shot to be in the stack. Thats a 1024 from FS9 being used in Prepar3D.

FS9 model has been canceled. Its now fully P3D / FSX.

Country
unitedstates
Looks sweet.... But that stick in the middle of the seats is gunna make getting in and out... (a-hem)... well, one needs to pay attention and be sure of their footing, i would think... :D

:p

Country
unitedkingdom
Oddly I don't remember it being a problem when flying its little brother the DA20, but for the life of me I can't recall how we got in and out. With the bubble canopy and the central stick it did feel like flying a fighter compared to the Cessnas I'd flown before!

Country
us-arizona
On the DA40 and DA20, you have steps on the front of the wings to get in, instead of the back of the wings like most low wing planes.

The weird thing to me in making this plane is the height of the panel. Its very high. If you look at it from a side view, it looks like a mistake on the model, but in photos, its the same way. All proportioned properly, etc. You actually look down straight down the back of the panels top dash. Just... so dang high... its like a helicopter panel!