• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Did I kill a parking space?

Country
unitedstates
I set up terminal gate parking and proceeded with terminal modeling. Whenever I checked how things looked in FSX, there was an American Eagle aircraft at the gate containing parking code EGF. After noticing that the terminal building model conflicted with the push-back vehicle location for this parking space, I moved the parking space requiring removing links and reattaching them in the new location. Now the American Eagle aircraft will not use this space and instead parks at another gate with no parking codes. I checked the new links to the EGF coded gate and found everything connected. What could I have done to this parking space to have made it unusable?

Country
newzealand
Art,
what happens if you move the spot back to where it was before? as you know there may be a break somewhere when moving paths, although it will make no difference if the spot is coded
you could try coding the other spots and have no code for the one with issues
i take it they are the same radius, also just check the code of the American Eagle at the non coded spot is not ENY for Envoy Air or AALX as that also caught me out once by using 2 flight plans

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Art,
so you 'moved' the spot - this means it will be the same size and coding as before - but you deleted and re-made the taxi links.
Are you sure that the aircraft you see parking elsewhere is the same aircraft as before? Have you got the SDK Traffic Toolbox 'Explorer' installed? This is an invaluable source of information on aircraft, aircraft parking coding and parking spot coding.
Ray's suggestion of coding the other spots to another airline (temporarily) is a good idea.

This would leave the most likely explanation that there is a break in the taxi links. Have you checked using ADE/Tools/Fault Finder?

Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the input. I created, deleted and modified parking spaces and connecting links until I finally got it to work. I'm sorry to report that I could find nothing that was causing the problem. This was observed while repeatedly reloading a saved flight with the same aircraft parked at the gate. There is no question that it is the same sim object each time. ADE's fault finder found nothing wrong.

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Might be worth checking that the wingspan parameter for the aircraft is correct and within the size for the gate. If the AI aircraft came from World of Aircraft for instance, the value is often wrong and causes all sorts of mayhem.

Country
unitedstates
Might be worth checking that the wingspan parameter for the aircraft is correct and within the size for the gate. If the AI aircraft came from World of Aircraft for instance, the value is often wrong and causes all sorts of mayhem.

A legitimate cause of such problems, but not in this case. I have tried to recreate the problem since it resolved (itself?) and have been unable to do so. I considered that it might be because the parking space was within the terminal building's bounding box or crash box, even though AI aircraft don't crash in such instances, but that did not recreate the problem.