• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Did you use Tapatalk?

Do you want to use Tapatalk to browse the forum?

• No, I don't know what it is

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No, I don't need it to browse the forum mobile

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Maybe, but I can live without it

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Yes, I would like to see Tapatalk back

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Before we upgraded the forum software we had the Tapatalk plugin installed, so that you can use the Tapatalk app to browse the forum. At the moment Tapatalk is not yet compatible with this version of the forum software, so we removed the plugin during the upgrade. We might add it back when Tapatalk support for this version is added. But to help in making that decision we would like to know how many of you are using the plugin. So please answer the poll in this thread.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I never used Tapatalk and the new software displays the forum just fine on my phone. (iPhone 5, not the biggest screen around.)

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I have used it,... I wouldn't mind though in removing it from my phone,... since the forum works beautifully through the browser.

Country
austria
I use tapatalk for quick information. Normal browsing was sometime tricky because my password was in some way now and then lost:mischievo?! This never happend by tapatalk.

Country
germany
Tapatalk allows me to easily access FSDeveloper, MAIW, AIG, NZFF, REX, AVSim, Flightsim etc. easily from within one interface. I do appreciate that a lot and would be extremely happy if you could bing it back.

I do use it a lot if I'm travelling, and it is my 'go to' time-waster when I'm sitting in waiting rooms... but I could really live without it for FSDeveloper, I only really need help or info if I'm sitting at my PC. So although I voted 'maybe', my real vote is somewhere between 'maybe....' and 'Yes.'

Country
us-florida
I've used it and like it alot. The only reason I liked it so much was that I could get a push notification whenever something I follow is posted in.

Thanks.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I also used Tapatalk a lot to read and reply on the forum when I was not behind my pc. But I must say I'm impressed with the mobile version of the forum software now. It just works without an app.

And for me as administrator another advantage is that I have access to the moderation and admin functions from my phone as well, Tapatalk didn't have that.

But if many people like to use it, we can consider to add it back once a stable version is there for the forum software. Although I want it to be less intrusive than the old version, since the forum works well on mobile natively.

Country
austria
Momentary I have big Problems without tapatalk with my IPhone. Everytime I have to write my username and my password, nevertheless I Click on „stay logged in“. It is now Not easy without my tapatalk and my PC

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

I have just installed Tapatalk again, since they support the current version of the forum software now.

Personally I'm very happy using the forum in the browser on my phone, so I don't have Tapatalk installed anymore and could not test the install either. Let me know if there are issues.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
And here's a reminder to turn off that annoying "Sent from my [xy] with Tapatalk" message.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And here's a reminder to turn off that annoying "Sent from my [xy] with Tapatalk" message.

I'll second that :), please turn it off or add your own custom signature. Especially since it is inserted as text in the post and not as signature it won't be filtered out in the native mobile view like normal signatures do.

Country
germany
Arno & Bjoern - are you talking to me? I have a customized signature, is something additional creeping through?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Nope, not to you. But to those that keep the default spammy signature there.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Still weird some of you are logged out. Never happens to me and I reply from my phone very often. Clearing old cookies didn't help?

Country
us-florida
Still weird some of you are logged out. Never happens to me and I reply from my phone very often. Clearing old cookies didn't help?

We are not logged out any more on Tapatalk, we used to.