Didn't want to hijack another post so..... read the manual, I'm not so smart ;)

Wouldn't it be fantastic if someone created the library objects for all the airport approach lighting systems in FS (in my case still FS9) to be added to the ADE library so us dummies could just place them correctly in a customizable GUI-style fashion? I'm clearly challenged to understand the process of creating a library to create 5 simple strobe lights (though 2 REIL and 3 lead-in lights offset from runway ). ..... continues to read the manual (which is in plain readable english). I will be sooo happy when I figure this out, I'm just surprised no one has thought of uploading an easy click and place system for these lights. It would revolutionize development of smaller airports that have limited lighting (particularily approach lights but no runway lights)...... continues to tinker....... Happy flying all.

gadgets

Resource contributor
I'm just surprised no one has thought of uploading an easy click and place system for these lights
It's not surprising at all since the nature of scenery objects in Flightsim make what you are suggesting virtually impossible.

The current version of AFLT allows you to specify in a simple text file definition of an array of lighted objects referenced to a given runway on a light-by-light basis. Also, as reported in another thread, under development is a major enhancement that will automatically create the specifications for most standard approach lighting system. But, even then, there will be some manual tweaking required.

Don