FS2004 Dock GA Parking

I'm designing several British Columbia seaplane terminals, however, when I add DOCK parking FS does not open.
If I remove the parking re compile the airport everything works fine.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Peter Hall

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You need to link parking spots to the taxi network. if you don't then the sim can crash.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know, in FSX, what difference a DOCK parking spot has to, say, a RAMP parking spot? Is it only a way to differentiate aircraft parking spot usage in the aircraft.cfg file, e.g. atc_parking_types=DOCK for a floatplane Beaver whilst any non-floatplanes can be RAMP, GATE etc.?

When I design a seaplane airport, I use RAMP spots for my 'user' aircraft (can be a floatplane or amphibian) and DOCK spots for any AI aircraft. I do not add any taxi links to the RAMP spots whereas the DOCK spots are linked to the runway (0.2 metre / concrete) using zero width, concrete paths. I do not have any problems due to the 'un-connected' spots in FSX. When in my 'user' aircraft, I can taxi out to the water alongside the AI-style runway and take-off/land as usual. My AI aircraft have been 'converted' to 'hidden-wheels' by modification of the aircraft.cfg files.