• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Docking systems

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Here are the first screenshots of my docking system project. These screenshot show the basic version of the SafeGate docking system, which is ready now.

Other systems, like SafeDock, are also in preparation. In the end I will release a library containing them.

And besides these "simple" version I am also working on a more complex one that simulates the real system better, but that is still a bit secret, so more news about that later :D.

Attachments

• safegate01.jpg
    safegate01.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 888
  • safegate02.jpg
    safegate02.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 888
  • safegate03.jpg
    safegate03.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 757
  • safegate04.jpg
    safegate04.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 874

pfs

Country
austria
Hi Arno,

may I ask in which 'language' you design them. I did both (SafeGate and SafeDock) for my PFS LOWW project. They work better than I thought they would because I did them for FS2000 and they still work in FS2004. All I had to do was recompiling them for every new FS Version. I wrote them in SCASM but without aircraft detection which is sufficient for this project. I would like to redo them but i fear that my knowledge in SCASM weakened a lot since then and I have no idea if it can be done with other means...

Here 2 pictures of my docking systems (your base textures look a lot bether though)...
pfsloww09.jpg
pfsloww10.jpg

Best regards,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Steffen,

I made the visual model in GMax and then I tweaked the BGLC code till I had the interaction I wanted. I theory it still uses the same commands as the Fs2000 SafeGate system I made.

I am also planning a tutorial about the BGLC tweaks I use for this.

I've made the two DGS types used in Finland, APIS and INOGON. Here's the APIS in action, all the same modes as in reality are implemented. No aircraft recognition implemented yet though, the aircraft types are hardcoded. Will have to figure out a smart way to do the recognition, as it will be used in other parts of animated scenery as well. The whole object is manually written in BGLC.

1 and 2 too far (alternating) for ranging, 3 in radar range and recognized, 4 and 5 approacing (alternating ok and ac type), 6 at gate (stop and ac type alternating).

apis.jpg

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
These look very good as well Jari :).

For the aircraft recognition, I have got a rather smart way to do that almost ready. It is currently in testing, but I hope to be able to make a more complete announcement soon.

Country
norway
WOW jvarje!

It`s just the same system that we use on my local airport. In fact I`m making a scenery for that airport :rolleyes:

Maby you can show me how you did it? :D

Best Regards

Scannor

flyetgeir@msn.com

Country
germany
Hi Arno,

do have a rough guess when your SafeGate wil be ready for release ? It would be a great enhancement for my Munich Scenery (in case it is allowed to use it in freeware scneries), because this system is used on Apron1 on the real airport.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The ActiGate module, used for some of the more advanced features, is in beta testing now. The last version seems rather stable, so I hope I can close the beta testing soon. At that time I will also release the docking systems. I have finished the models already, I am just waiting for the ActiGate model to be ready for release.

Country
germany
Looking forward to getting it !!

But as my scenery will still take some time to be finished: Don´t hurry just because of me ;)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have been a bit too busy with ObPlacer XML lately. But once I get time to finish the documentation of ActiGate it should not take too long before I can release.

I do just have too much ideas of tools to work on, so I can never finish them all at once.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
McFU said:
did i miss the release of Safegate ?

No, but it is on my todo-list for this week (I have a week vacation), so hopefully it will be available soon.

dan

Country
us-rhodeisland
arno said:
No, but it is on my todo-list for this week (I have a week vacation), so hopefully it will be available soon.

Hey Arno,

Sorry to necropost of this thread - but I was wondering - can a similar system be used with SafeGate to make animated marshallers? Just a thought. Having these in an object library would be awesome!

Thanks,

Dan

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Dan,

Yes, the same techniques used here to condition the display of certain parts can also be used on a marshaller. Some time ago I have already been working with Nick (nickw) to make an animated marshaller, but we have not finished that one yet. I am sure I will add it to the collection once we finish it, but I don't know how soon that will be :).

dan

Country
us-rhodeisland
arno said:
Hi Dan,

Yes, the same techniques used here to condition the display of certain parts can also be used on a marshaller. Some time ago I have already been working with Nick (nickw) to make an animated marshaller, but we have not finished that one yet. I am sure I will add it to the collection once we finish it, but I don't know how soon that will be :).

Sounds cool, I can't wait! :)

Hey people,

Getting back to design now and I am ecstatic at the hope of this module. Great work Arno. Can't wait for the release.

Best Wishes,

Blazer

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Blazer,

The docking systems and ActiGate module are already available. Only the marshaller is not (yet) there.