• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

does wishplacer run yet with fsx and win10?

Country
italy
tried them all .... I put Object_Placement.dll into the root directory of fsx. I added the string under the fsx dll.xml:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> Object Placement Tool </Name>
<Disabled> False </ Disabled>
<ManualLoad> False </ ManualLoad>
<Path> object_placement.dll </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>

But whisplacer doesn't see fsx..what did I forget? ( Cannot find the simmconnect port ecc.ecc.)

Whats is simmconnect's version?

Hi,
tried them all .... I put Object_Placement.dll into the root directory of fsx. I added the string under the fsx dll.xml:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> Object Placement Tool </Name>
<Disabled> False </ Disabled>
<ManualLoad> False </ ManualLoad>
<Path> object_placement.dll </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>

The Object_Placement.dll and the entry in the dll.xml is only necessary for the FSX object placement tool and its use.
The dll can be found under: C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
and not in the FSX root directory.
The entry behind <Path> Here should be the full path to the object_placement.dll in the SDK folder </ Path>
The dll does not need to be moved.

Whats is simmconnect's version?

The SimConnect version depends on the FSX version, see here (https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:SimConnect).

But whisplacer doesn't see fsx..what did I forget? ( Cannot find the simmconnect port ecc.ecc.)

If there are problems with SimConnect, Whisplacer will not work.
Since it connects to FSX via SimConnect.

The port only needs to be entered if the Whisplacer is located on another PC than FSX.
If both are on the same PC, just check the box "Local connection".

If the Whisplacer is on another PC than FSX, then you need Simconnect (from the SDK) for the PC without FSX.

Here (http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/8/networked-configuration-with-simconnect) the setup of Simconnect is explained.

Here (https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/de/handbuch/installation/simconnect-netzwerk-wizard) is the SimConnect Network Wizard.
This makes it easier to set up a Simconnect network.

Hi Mike and thank you for your quick reply. I have a basic version of fsx with acceleration pack. Wishplacer is on the same PC as FsX. Maybe my problem is in the installation of sdk, where the simmconnect is located, because I tried to update the acceleration pack sdk, but it gives me an error. I will try to find a solution, many thanks.

You can always uninstall the SDK and reinstall it at a location of your choice.

But please keep the correct order!!!
1st FSX SDK (fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe)
2nd FSX ACC SDK (sdk.msi)

There is a SDK folder on the "FSX-ACC" CD.
In it the folder "SP1a" with the fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe...
This must be installed first.
Then the sdk.msi from the SDK folder.

I have not solved, but I have two strange things .... the first is that the same program, but in the version for sode works perfectly with fsX. The second is that simconnect in sdk has a name like this: Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll, where it is installed is called SimConnect.dll. The version is the same as fsX.

Back