Draft of New Website

I must admit to being old. My eyesight isn't what it was. I found reading the website much more difficult than say, this website.
Hmm, I tend to agree, the light grey on thr Blog page is difficult to read:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Please take another look. I have changed all the grey text to white and where possible made it a bit larger. The exception is the blog and I don't appear to have control over color and size of the text but I will keep looking at that

http://scruffyducksoftware.com

Last edited:
It looks good, easy to read but I have the idea of looking at the website of a funeral home.
Why a black background, Jon? It is a bit depressing.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Dark mode is hip. I dig it Jon! Some more pictures would be nice though.
"from Microsoft and Lockheed Martin"
not sure if this should read "for" instead of from?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes I like dark mode and it is used by a lot of apps and sites. You are right about more pictures, I will see what can be done. I think from since I am referring to the people who developed the sims but perhaps it is ambiguous?

On the ADE tab - ProKey section -

"ProKey" instead of "Pro Key" - 2 instances

"New ProKey are usually ....." - is the word "elements" missing after ProKey?

Under "Commercial Use" -

2nd paragraph should be all one sentence -

"However if you plan to use ADE for commercial gain, that is to create payware products or to provide input or components to someone else and you get paid for it, then you need a commercial license."

Sorry, I know I'm being 'picky' but I have done a lot of proof-reading in the past.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Not getting at you Jon but Strikingly are another American company doing the absolute minimum they can to comply with GDPR and along the way, making it as difficult as possible for European users to opt out of tracking. I'm not sure which I dislike more: webpages like Strikingly or those web sites that simply can't be bothered to comply and tell you to sod off elsewhere. OTOH with the latter at least you know where you are :)

Much better! I can skim read it now. You're right about black, my GIMP setup uses NuclearNapalm-Dark for the theme. Looks good.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have now changed the url to its final version - http:\www.scruffyducksoftware.com I would like some small tests if possible
  1. Can some of you please use the contact form to send me a message. I will report those I receive just to make sure it is working
  2. Test the form to join the mailing list. You can unsubscribe later of course.
Thanks