• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Draft of New Website

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have had the old website for a long time and finally decided to update things. At the same time I decided to change platforms. You can take a look here: www.scruffyducksoftware.com

I need to go around and check spelling, links and so on but generally it is as I intend

Feedback welcome as always :)

Last edited:
Country
israel
Looks very modern, just change the donate logo it doesn’t match good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHD

Country
england
I must admit to being old. My eyesight isn't what it was. I found reading the website much more difficult than say, this website.
Hmm, I tend to agree, the light grey on thr Blog page is difficult to read:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please take another look. I have changed all the grey text to white and where possible made it a bit larger. The exception is the blog and I don't appear to have control over color and size of the text but I will keep looking at that

http://scruffyducksoftware.com

Last edited:
It looks good, easy to read but I have the idea of looking at the website of a funeral home.
Why a black background, Jon? It is a bit depressing.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Dark mode is hip. I dig it Jon! Some more pictures would be nice though.
"from Microsoft and Lockheed Martin"
not sure if this should read "for" instead of from?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes I like dark mode and it is used by a lot of apps and sites. You are right about more pictures, I will see what can be done. I think from since I am referring to the people who developed the sims but perhaps it is ambiguous?

Country
unitedkingdom
On the ADE tab - ProKey section -

"ProKey" instead of "Pro Key" - 2 instances

"New ProKey are usually ....." - is the word "elements" missing after ProKey?

Under "Commercial Use" -

2nd paragraph should be all one sentence -

"However if you plan to use ADE for commercial gain, that is to create payware products or to provide input or components to someone else and you get paid for it, then you need a commercial license."

Sorry, I know I'm being 'picky' but I have done a lot of proof-reading in the past.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
Not getting at you Jon but Strikingly are another American company doing the absolute minimum they can to comply with GDPR and along the way, making it as difficult as possible for European users to opt out of tracking. I'm not sure which I dislike more: webpages like Strikingly or those web sites that simply can't be bothered to comply and tell you to sod off elsewhere. OTOH with the latter at least you know where you are :)

Country
newzealand
Its getting there Jon,
but shouldn't there be a warning about the addiction using ADE, LOL!!!

Country
indonesia
Much better! I can skim read it now. You're right about black, my GIMP setup uses NuclearNapalm-Dark for the theme. Looks good.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have now changed the url to its final version - http:\www.scruffyducksoftware.com I would like some small tests if possible
  1. Can some of you please use the contact form to send me a message. I will report those I receive just to make sure it is working
  2. Test the form to join the mailing list. You can unsubscribe later of course.
Thanks