• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Drawcall minimizer finished & release candidate

Country
germany
Hi Arno,

This is part of the problem, but does not solve it completely. Most of the BGL's load when I rename the txt file, but not all.

The text files either begin directly with the GUID & name :
Code:
8D8361104A590919C3EDDB836C396F21 roundspot
353E1D1C436A3979601B6BAAC5EA67F4 4litesqr

or with a comment and an empty line :
Code:
# Generated with Library Maker

5796A4B8475F61F77953A8AFFC143D26 fs9fclp

or like this :rolleyes:
Code:
Library description file for: MCDMilitaryLibrary.bgl
Automatically created by EZ-Scenery Manager

# Format for description files:
# GUID name
# GUID must consist of 32 hex digits. The format is identical to the one used in
# BGLCOMP (FS2004 SDK)

D809976764CA442681B9D4F09866312E MCDabrams
D809976764CA442681B9D4F09866312F MCDAbramsGRN

The error message for the BGL I found that don't load is:
Code:
************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt.
   bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   bei ASToFra.MDL9Reader.ReadATTO(Int32 length)
   bei ASToFra.MDL9Reader.ReadMDL(Int64 len)
   bei ASToFra.MDL9Reader.ReadStream(BinaryReader read, UInt32 len)
   bei ASToFra.MDLReader.ReadStream(BinaryReader read, UInt32 len)
   bei ASToFra.BGLXReader.Read(String filename)
   bei ASToFra.ObjectReader.read(String fileName)
   bei ASToFra.MainWindow.bwImporter_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I mail you the BGL file

Country
us-hawaii
Hi Scott,

Any model that uses a lot of small textures would be a good candidate. This can be an old API or a COLLADA/Google Earth object. Especially those last ones often use many small textures. The attached screenshots show how I have reduced about 35 textures into 2 with the Drawcall Minimizer tool.

that looks really useful. I will have to do soem experimenting now.

scott s.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Martin,

I have made the code that reads those TXT files more robust now. Although those lines with comments and no # worry me a bit, that can never be made very robust :).

I have also fixed the crash. It happened because mutliple effects were attached to the same attachpoint. I only read the first one of those now, later I will try to process this better.

Did you convert those obects with MCX before, because then it might also be a bug in my exporter :).

Country
germany
Thank you, Arno.

For the line reading code - my best guess would be to check for a 32 character long alphanumerical string followed by a blank. If found, chances are pretty high that this is a definition.

Regarding your second question. No, this BGL has not been created with MCX. I wanted to check for missing textures.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Martin,

That is probably even a better idea, I'll change the code for that :).