FSX:SE DSF file to FSX?

Hi Arno,
I went through my current options, and noticed in the texture settings that there are different paths that MCX uses to find the DDS files. Could it just be pointed to the wrong place? I attached the screenshot.

Regards,
Kevin Davis

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Are you sure you have the latest development release? I don't see the PNG DDS equivalence option in your settings.

Hi Arno,
When I click on the "?" on the top right of the screen it says the current version is 1.3.0.0. As a longshot, I'll try to restart my computer and see if that helps.
Regards,
Kevin Davis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No, you need version 1.4. Check the sticky thread in this forum for download links.

Hi Arno,
Out of curiosity, what forum are you talking about, the Scenery Design | 3D Objects | Model ConverterX one? I don't see any sticky threads on that forum. There is a latest version post, but that is from 2009. Is there a different path on the site for the latest version? Could you paste the direct link?
Regards,
Kevin Davis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Aparantly it's 10 years ago already that I setting the build system for the development release (I forgot it is that long). But although the link hasn't changed, it points to the latest build all the time.

I downloaded the latest development release, but when I load the program, it says, "The application could not be started. Would you like to view information about the issue?" Do I need to uninstall the old one?
Regards,
Kevin Davis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Nope, you can have them both installed. Do you have .NET 4.0 installed? The error happens directly after you click the icon or do you see the MCX screen?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Check which .NET framework you have installed. Also make sure to extract the zip, else some libraries can't be found.

Hey Arno,
Making progress! I downloaded MCX 1.4, and that seemed to resolve the checkered texture issue, and I'm at least getting textures in the models. However, no matter which model I load into MCX I get an "Error while loading modeldef.xml file" message. What could be the issue here?
Regards,
Kevin Davis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

You can ignore that message. It probably means you don't have the FS SDK installed, but as long as there are no animations involved it doesn't matter.

Hi Arno,
I'm using MCX on my X-Plane computer, since the models I am trying to convert are OBJ's. I don't have the SDK installed on that computer, because FSX isn't even on there. While the checkered texture seems to be resolved, the textures still look weird, as pictured in the following screenshot.
Regards,
Kevin Davis

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
X-Plane uses the DDS textures different from FS. So in the texture options you need to set flip textures to true.