Earth Curvation

Hi Arno!

Is it possible that the earth curvation method was adapted/changed in MCX in the recent years (5)?

I'm trying to convert our ground scenery to P3D version with Gpoly wizzard. The conversion seems to be fine but I see some discrepancy. To explain: The runway edge lamps has been exported approx 5 years ago and curved with MCX (one MDL contains almost all lamp 3D model of the airport). Now the new ground has been done with Gpoly which should also apply the curvation. At the center of the object the deviation is not present but as we move to the farthest edge of the airport the deviation gets really big. Therefore I beleive there is an earth curvation method issue here. Please see the attached files.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Did you run the previously curved bgl through the wizard again for P3D? That would apply the curvation twice.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can try to disable drawcall batching for them, that sometimes results in offsets in P3D.

The curve algorithm hasn't changed since I implemented it.

I assume you already double checked you specified the right altitude in the wizards. Else the curvation will be different.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can check by loading the bgl file in the DrawCallMonitor tool as well.

In the meanwhile I've found the original max files, I've exported them again, made the curvation with MCX and now everything is perfectly aligned.
No clue what is the reason for the deviation but basically I need to reexport 9 models so it is not a big effort.

Thanks for your support!