• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Easter Island (in progress)

Country
italy
Hello,
after asking for quite a lot of help in this forum, I managed to complete a big part of the work with my Easter Island project!
2cxamwh.jpg
2cf2q94.jpg

These up here are two screenshots of the land, with photoreal terrain and autogen. I still have to start the airport. In the city the trees have been hand-placed and I still need to place some custom large buildings (mainly hotels).

What are your thoughts on this? :) Any tip is appreciated

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Looking very good so far on your pics.
The runway still looks like afcad. Are you planning for a custom ground poly?

Country
italy
Looking very good so far on your pics.
The runway still looks like afcad. Are you planning for a custom ground poly?
Of course I will make one. Personally I think it's the most important thing for a payware add-on airport (this one is not going to be freeware). If everything goes well I'll start making it tomorrow.

I would suggest adjusting the colors of the aerial photos, the green of the trees seems a bit shocking against the muted shades in the image.

Country
netherlands
It's looking good!

However, you say your scenery is going to be payware. In what way is it going to be better than the two payware sceneries that already exist for Easter Island? Both FlightsimDesign Chile and FSimStudios have done the very same island and airport and both of them are looking quite nice. So what makes you stand out? What makes people buy your scenery instead of theirs?

Country
italy
It's looking good!

However, you say your scenery is going to be payware. In what way is it going to be better than the two payware sceneries that already exist for Easter Island? Both FlightsimDesign Chile and FSimStudios have done the very same island and airport and both of them are looking quite nice. So what makes you stand out? What makes people buy your scenery instead of theirs?
You are thinking just the say way I do. And this is the answer: both don't have a very good photoreal quality and the texture quality of the airport buildings is not very high nor it's realistic, and some buildings there are just default FSX. Mine will have complete photoreal LOD15 with not just autogen, but also custom landmarks around the island, custom airport vehicles, 3D taxi lights and approach lights and also maybe transparent glass on some structures. I'll have to check if it's possible to do this with this airport.
As last, I will set a lower price than the two sceneries above.

Last edited:
Country
us-california
I am not an expert when it comes to photoreal sceneries, have been doing them for only 5 years or thereabouts and have posted some pictures here and at flightsim of my work. Let me just say this, LOD15 is marginally OK and it shows in those pictures. The scenery is not crisp, in fact it is blurry with some cloud cover included, the water textures are not even done from what I can see.
I am not trying to beat you up, In fact feel free to PM me if you need help, but I would hate for you to go through all this work and not reap good results. As Patrick is saying, if you want to be able to sell this as payware it better stand way above the other two out there.

Country
germany
I have waited so long to get a high quality version of this airport. PatrickZ is right, there is already a good scenery for the Easter Island, however it is not perfect!
I wish you the best of luck to get this done in high quality! :)

Country
italy
4vfuq8.jpg
34g96kn.jpg

Here are two screenshots of the airport, I increased the photoreal quality around the airport as it was possible and made the ground polygon. I have also changed the general vegetation type on the island, now the used trees are eucalyptus. Well, feel free to comment, any tip is accepted! And of course, have a happy Christmas!! :D