• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 EDAH - Heringsdorf Regional Airport

Country
germany
Wie geht es der FSX Umsetzung? :)

Habe schon ein paar Vorarbeiten abgeschlossen. Die FSX Version ist aber - wie die FS9 Version - mein 'erstes Mal' :) Deshalb weiß ich noch nicht, welche Probleme im weiteren Projektverlauf evtl. auftauchen...

Cheers Volker

Sent from my iPhone 6

Country
germany
Hi all,

I managed to delete the complete EDAH project directory on my PC right after publishing date with all source files in it. Stupid human error - and unfortunately not reversible - tried a million tools. The last backup I made was in late may which doen't really help.
So I started to make the conversion to FSX with the BGL files only but since I also only have the compressed DXT textures available things like drawcall optimization for FSX is not really satisfactory.

Long story short - I won't do the FSX version.

Cheers Volker

Country
us-texas
Bummer, would have made a great addon for us FSXers.

With your talent, hope to see more from you for FSX.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Can't you extract the models from the .bgl and then run them through ModelConverterX to make them usable in GMax for optimization?

Country
hongkong
Will it be already compatible with FSX when it is made? A lot of FS9 addons that I found are usable in FSX.

@captain7 Im very sorry to hear that.

Country
germany
Will it be already compatible with FSX when it is made? A lot of FS9 addons that I found are usable in FSX.

@captain7 Im very sorry to hear that.

The FS9 version is already done and can be downloaded acvon avsim...

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Actually, I usually convert FS9 project to FSX without gmax files. Because sometime I forget which is the most recent file that I did the last time. But the bgl file is the final work for sure.

It is possible and not too difficult to do that.
You load up the bgl file in MCX and change the material to FSX style then export as FSX bgl. You need to change a lot of materials and many clicks for each one. Such as specular texture, alpha, Z alpha test, etc but it worth to do.

I have done a tutorial but MCX changed a lot after my tutorial. However you can get to the point what is need to be done.
Please take a look. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128039&highlight=convert
or jump to the tutorial here.

It will be a pity to see this beautiful airport available just only FS9.

Country
germany
@jtanabodee: I downloaded your tutorial and it seems to be easy and I'll probably give it a try ;)
And thanks a lot for taking the time to write such interesting tutorials and share your knowhow! I really appreciate that.

Cheers Volker

Country
us-florida
Since I havn't read the tutorials about adding light effects to objects yet, I tried to model taxiway lights without effects, just textures. Looks not bad I think, even from higher above you can see the bright pixels. Maybe I'll leave it like this? What do you think?

teaserlights.jpg

Cheers Volker

Where do you get those lights and do you install it? I use FSX though.

Thanks,

Country
us-florida
Are you able at least to read what you have quoted?

Hi Andrea,
I`m deeply sorry for my writing. I meant to ask is Where do we get the Edge lights for the taxiways and How do we install it?! :eek:
Sometimes when I get very excited about something that I`m reading, I forget to add words on a phrase that I`m writing. :D

Thanks for let me know!