• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Editing flightplan

GHD

Country
england
I have a weekly flightplan with legs specified for one day, Tuesday.

Is there any way to edit the plan such that the same legs are used on all weekdays?

I tried ticking the boxes for M,T,W,T,F but when I "Save Edits", It produces a this result.

After initial load:

After ticking all days:

I tried selecting all legs and ticking the boxes but that produced each leg on a different day.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
George

What happens if you change it to a 24 hr plan(rather than week), then tick the days you want?

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
George, when I look at your first post, I see exactly what I would expect to see after the system added the new days. If you want to see this all on one line, try selecting the "Consolidate weekly FPs" checkbox.

In any case, if you had saved the flight plan as edited, you would have exactly what you were after.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Where you selected "Week", select "24hr" instead. Start from your original 2 legged FP. Then "Save Edits". Then " Update FP In List".

Bob

GHD

Country
england
Where you selected "Week", select "24hr" instead. Start from your original 2 legged FP. Then "Save Edits". Then " Update FP In List".

Bob

I don't understand, the original flightplan has 6 legs.

GHD

Country
england
In any case, if you had saved the flight plan as edited, you would have exactly what you were after.

Don

Again, I don't understand. That shows only one leg repeated every weekday. What I wanted was all 6 legs repeated every weekday.

Country
unitedstates
Sorry George. What I suggested would give you your flight plan everyday not just weekdays.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgets

Don

Again, I don't understand. That shows only one leg repeated every weekday. What I wanted was all 6 legs repeated every weekday.

I misunderstood your intent. The leg editor works on one leg at at time. If you repeat the initial process on the other 5 legs - one at a time - you'll probably get what you want. But. no guarantees. Try it and see.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Sorry George. I've probably done more damage in this thread than good. The result of too much going on and too few brains to deal with things. Go back to your first screen shot(after you tried to change the FP to more days) and right click on the "Flight Plan List" box on the left. Select "Text Editor" and you will see your plan in text form. You should be able to see if the days you want are indeed in your plan.

Bob

GHD

Country
england
I misunderstood your intent. The leg editor works on one leg at at time. If you repeat the initial process on the other 5 legs - one at a time - you'll probably get what you want. But. no guarantees. Try it and see.

Don

That is exactly what I did (see my second post) but, after each edit, it was difficult to see which leg to do next.

It would be much easier if one could select all legs, set the days and "Save Edits".

If I do that with the current version, it changes the first leg to all weekdays and deletes all other legs :eek:

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
George

Sorry for not explaining myself very well. I believe your first attempt was correct, even though it did not look like it in the leg editor. My first suggestion was incorrect. You must leave the plan as weekly and select the days you want the plan to run, just as you did. There are two ways to verify your plan. Compile it, install it, see if the planes are in FS. The second way is to open the Text Editor and read each plan. This presents you with a ttools looking read out. You can edit the plan in the editor, if you wish, and save edits. I will use the editor to quickly make multiple copies of one plan, changing departure and arrival times. This can be useful in testing airports.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
That is exactly what I did (see my second post) but, after each edit, it was difficult to see which leg to do next.
Good. At least we know it can be done - albeit not intuitively.

It would be much easier if one could select all legs, set the days and "Save Edits".
It's not quite that simple because, after editing, the selected leg is totally recreated from the information in the various checkboxes/textboxes. What you are suggesting is a feature whereby AIFP remember what is edited and change only that - applying the change to all selected legs. While not impossible, it would be a lot of work. How often do you think such a feature would be used? With improved documentation for this area, do you think it is unreasonable to expect the user to change each leg individually?

If I do that with the current version, it changes the first leg to all weekdays and deletes all other legs
The reason all days were selected is because a 24hr repeat flight, by definition, flies on all days of the week. But, there are a couple of problems in this area. The "Save Edits" button should not have been enabled with multiple legs selected. And, of course, the other legs should not have been deleted. These issues have been fixed in the upcoming major re-release. Unfortunately, the fixes are not simple and, in any case, are not applicable to the current release. (I've extensively re-worked leg editing in the new release.) But, even if it had worked the way it soon will, it wouldn't have helped you.

Don

GHD

Country
england
Thanks Don.

It is OK now that I understand the restrictions.

George

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
After a little more thought, I realized that in light of the other changes I've made to the leg editor, allowing for global leg changes wasn't such a big deal after all. In fact, it's done - but will only be available in AIFP2.

Can I tempt you to test the feature. If so, please send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the details.

Don