• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

EFHN, EFNU and EFHF released

Country
finland
During the last few weeks I have finished all scenery projects that I had on my harddisk. The last three were the two GA airfields in Hanko (EFHN) and Nummela (EFNU) and Finland's busiest GA airport Helsinki-Malmi (EFHF). EFHN and EFNU are made for FSX/FSX:SE and P3D and EFHF is a version for P3D only, converted from the FS2004/FSX-compatible scenery published by Jari Varje and Axel Lundqvist in 2010.

Helsinki-Malmi is currently badly endangered, as the City of Helsinki plans to shut it down completely at the end of this year to give way for residential building activities. In March 2016, Helsinki-Malmi Airport was selected as one of the 7 Most Endangered Cultural Heritage Sites in Europe. You can find more information on the airport and it's current situation at https://www.malmiairport.fi/en/

The new sceneries conclude my series of airports along the Finnish south coast (EFPR, EFHF, EFNU, EFTO, EFHN, EFTU and EFKG) and they can all be found at FSsnordic.net

Happy GA flying in southern Finland! :cool:

EFHF_P3Dheader.jpg

Last edited:
Country
us-texas
Hey man, I am really appreciating these. I hope you find time in 2020 to convert a few more.

Country
finland
Thanks, glad that you like them. My scenery work is currently halted - waiting for the new MSFS sim. I hope that we will get good scenery tools for that one. Meanwhile I am trying to teach myself more Blender stuff an PBR materials.... ;)

Country
us-texas
Sorry to hear that - the tragedy is that your Finnish dev group has many so many good models which could be converted/updated to P3D without too much effort. It is the ground work that takes time, I suppose.

Just seems like so much good work is going to waste. Maybe another talented person will step forward. Anyway, we really, really needed Turku and Malmi so thank you again.