• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX EGAC Belfast City Airport

Country
ireland
Seasons greetings to all, i hope everyone had a good christmas :D

Anyway, i decided to share a few shots of my current project - George Best / Belfast city airport.
Im at very early stage of devlopment at the moment but i decided to create this topic in order to track my progress as the project goes on.

Here are a few screen shots to show what i have done so far:
overview_zps7bbebadc.png

approach_zpsd393448b.png

tower1_zps6180b39d.png

Country
ireland
that great work and I'm looking foreword to it :eek:
will you be doing a fs2004 verson of it ?:rolleyes:
keep up the good work

Country
unitedkingdom
Excellent, we are sadly lacking a good rendition of City airport, looking forward to seeing this completed.

Country
unitedkingdom
Great Minds lol

Lovely work so far. I was in the process of converting the old FS2002 H&W for FSX. I had done it years ago when I made a version of EGAC depicting (roughly) Sydenham as it was in the 80's, long before all the new fangled taxiways etc and when they were still building / repairing whole aircraft. Typical visitors were Canberra PR9's, the Shorts lot (Skyvan / 330 / 360 / Sherpa / Belfast) Various incarnations of the 146 (Danair / Jersey / Loganair) and I'm sure I remember (on only one or two occasions) a Trident being diverted in when Aldergrove was closed. Looking forward to this one

Last edited:
Country
ireland
started work on the ground poly earlier today and i got most of the runway completed although i still have to add some extra details such as pavement cracks, tyre marks, dirt etc

2013-1-3_17-20-12-68.jpg

2013-1-3_17-19-33-207.jpg

2013-1-3_17-19-0-237.jpg

Country
ireland
thanks for all the feedback everyone ;)

here is another update of my progress to date. work has started on the taxiways and taxiway edges around the airport:

also, a big thank you to arno for his model converter program as without it, i would never have been able to do this project

scs3_zps392083ad.jpg

scs2_zpsbee2cb1d.jpg

scs1_zpsa61c885a.jpg

Country
ireland
i decided to completely remodel the control tower this week and i reworked the textures too to make them look better.
Here is the result:
controltower.jpg

Country
ireland
This weeks update.

This week i got several items modeled including the train station near the airport, the large fuel containers to the north of the airport and work also started on the terminal building itself.

Pictures to show progress:
ibd.jpg

1bc.jpg

1bbc.jpg

1bb.jpg

1b.jpg

1bbdf.jpg

Country
wales
Thanks for letting us in 'at the ground floor', so to speak - progress and, more particularly, attention to detail, looks great. Looking forward to more updates!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Country
ireland
Weekly update:

Progress was slow this week as creating good quality textures for some objects took up a large portion of my time. However, i did get several buildings modeled including an industrial area to the north of the airport and also the Clare House bulding to the east of the airport.

I also created several cars to add to car parks around the airport. I am happy to say that each car has only 32 polys! :eek:
This means i can place plenty of cars around the airport without any noticeable frame rate decrease :D

5-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

Country
ireland
i was just wounder if you were going to do a fs9 verson of it :rolleyes:
as i would really love to get my hands on it.:D

Country
ireland
Quick update on this weeks progress:

I got the IKEA shopping centre + multi storey car park (near the airport terminal) and more of the industrial park modelled this week.

3_zps43c00618.jpg

1_zps435a73b3.jpg

2_zps3ac41c38.jpg

Also if anyone has any pictures of the airport that they would like to share, please dont hesitate to contact me ;)

Country
germany
Stunning work! Just one question though: does IKEA feature a different logo in Ireland as for example in Germany?