• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

EGBO

Country
unitedkingdom
I have been working on my local airport for some weeks now, you can check out this vid i did on it.

I'm hoping to expand the area to a corridor to the next field with VFR objects as waypoints en route, possibly churches or just any object over 100ft to start.

any suggestions please leave in the comments or post here.

thanks

rob

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Here is some pics of what i have done so far.

egbo%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
egbo%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
egbo 1.JPG

Most of the houses surrounding the field have been modelled, got about another 20 to do!

egbo 2.JPG
i have yet to master my own 3d grass that i am happy with.

egbo 3.JPG

Happy with the tower not 100% yet. i will go back at some point, would be fun to add the interior some day but more important things to get on with
egbo 4.JPG

still a few more object to add, small things like fuel pumps etc.

egbo 5.JPG

Next big thing is getting all the farms and polly tunnels etc in 3d for all circuits, hedges and trees.

Country
australia
It's looking great Rob. I like the tower.

I would be very interested in a copy of this when it's available.

That link in the first post doesn't seem to work for me BTW. It just goes to a page titled My Videos which is empty. I did find the video previously by searching for recent videos with P3D EGBO in the title, and noticed the page link was the same as the one you listed, but for some reason that link in the OP leads to another page.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Looks very good indeed!

Saves me from spending any more time on my modern Halfpenny Green as well... Want to take over my WW2 version, so I can quit completely? :)

Ian P.

Country
unitedkingdom
WW2 version? that would be interesting with full 04 runway and the building that are now pig pens. would need images for that tho. What did you manage to get done on the modern ian?

Country
unitedkingdom
More updates, find myself going back to old stuff and reworking them as my techniques get better.
egbo1.JPG

getting the textures on my truck was a git but it not too bad, will go back over it in future

egbo2.JPG

modeling inside buildings! a step too far?

egbo3.JPG

Going around the local area adding buildings for low altitude flying in the circuit pattern

egbo4.JPG

Placed grass strip on runway edges to show grass taxiways

egbo5.JPG

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Rob,

I didn't get very far, as I was concentrating on a WW2 version, trying to get it done by the airfield's 75th Anniversary (which I have missed, at the end of last year...) - I'm hacking through the historical buildings fairly well, but have ground to a halt because of some issues compiling it all in Blender (a.k.a. "it won't compile")

Obviously I'm not using photoreal textures for the buildings, either. They'll end up camouflaged at some point, but right now they're just grey render... Apparently a couple of different shades thereof, because some of my AO layers are set incorrectly.

Cheers,

Ian P.
(Who learned to fly from the Guardroom, with Aceair and BATS, then moved to the Gas Clothing Store with TFC and last flew with Bob, based out of the Maintenance Stores and Office... ;) )

Country
australia
Happened to notice your tutorial video for SimDirector made use of our Orbxlibs in this scenery

I appreciate it may have been for demonstration purposes, but I will politely point out the EULA regarding Orbxlibs:

The Orbx Libraries (Orbxlibs) are licensed for use ONLY with Orbx products licensed by our customers. Whilst they are freely distributed on this site and our forums it is for the support of our own products only. It is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to modify, use, call GUIDs, reference, extract or in anyway make use of Orbxlibs in any software project be it freeware, donation ware or payware.