• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Endless sound playing

Country
greece
Hi everybody,
could, please, somebody have a look on that:

<!--80 Knots-->
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 80 == &amp;&amp; if{ 1 (&gt;L:80knots,bool) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>

and tell me the reason the sound in looping till take off and not just be played once?

thank you!!!

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Just a guess, but once you set the variable true, you have nothing to set it back to false...
els{ 0 (&gt;L:80knots,bool) }

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 80 ==

Do not compare like that. It won't be true, as Airspeed is a floating point value hence almost imposible to match an integer (80)
Make it (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) int 80 == or similar.

Tom

Country
us-ohio
Actually that's really bad logic. If you accelerate through 80kts... the sound triggers... if you decelerate through 80 kts... the sound triggers.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
How about an actual solution?

Code:
<!--80 Knots-->
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 79 &gt; and (L:80knots_played,bool) ! and if{ 1 (&gt;L:80knots,bool)  1 (>L:80knots_played,bool) }
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 70 &lt; and (L:80knots_played,bool)and if{ 0 (>L:80knots_played,bool) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>

This will play the sound file above 79 knots and then set "(L:80knots_played,bool)" to "true", hindering the sound from being played again.
The second line "unlocks" the sound sample below 70 knots (ten knot buffer to prevent accidential triggering), if it's locked.

Country
us-ohio
1. They asked for a reason, not a solution.
2. Your posts of late have been more and more aggressive, even hostile at times. Chill.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
No expression of frustration intended. I just imagined that it might actually be of more help to post a solution since learning how to properly trigger and start/stop sound bits is a core skill when working with a third party sound module.

As for part 2: Too much repetitive idiocy. But you're right, I can't even use a cuss to provide at least a little vent for my frustration. So I'm out. X-Plane is much better and more interesting at the moment anyway.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Sorry to see you go. I have also been sorry to see your attitude change, definitely time to take a break.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi everybody,
could, please, somebody have a look on that:

<!--80 Knots-->
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 80 == &amp;&amp; if{ 1 (&gt;L:80knots,bool) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>

and tell me the reason the sound in looping till take off and not just be played once?

thank you!!!
Assuming you are using L:80knots to trigger a 80-Knots sound with Doug's XMLsound gauge:
if you use exactly this code, the sound is played once if airspeed is exactly 80.00000000000 knots (see post above) if the aircraft is on the ground.

How I would code such a trigger:
Code:
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool)
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 80 &gt;=  &amp;&amp;
(L:AIRSPEED INDICATED PREVIOUS,knots) 80 &lt; &amp;&amp;
if{ 1 (&gt;L:80knots,enum) }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) (&gt;L:AIRSPEED INDICATED PREVIOUS,knots)
So the sound is triggered once when AIRSPEED INDICATED transitions through 80 knots and increasing (by using the previous value)

Note: No need to reset L:80knots to zero; this is automatically done by XMLsound when the sound has finished playing.

Cheers, Rob

D

Deleted member 1281

Indeed, if it's Doug's gauge then the L:var resets itself to 0 when it has finished playing. So if the code captures the 80 == condition (which it may not, Tom/Taguilo's post), it should play (and according to OP it does). The fault then may be in using the 'bool' unit (Doug's units are 'number'). So, sticking closely to OP's code, but being parsimonious, this does it, comfortably (just tested):

Code:
(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) ! if{ quit }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) int 80 == if{ 1 (>L:80knots, number) }

This means it sounds off at 80, both on accelerating and decelerating (Warp's point noted), but maybe that's what he wants - who knows, he doesn't seem to care to read what we are saying here. So maybe we need to add some more logic as present in Rob's and Bjoern's posts. But then, one presumably wants it to sound again, a) on a touch and go, and b) after landing and taking off a second and third time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
greece
Hi everybody,

thank you all for advises and solutions you so selflessly provide to all members. Some of us are rookies some advanced users, but according to my opinion the last thing in a hobby, is vanity. I am not blame anybody, but I haven't been active since long time now and unfortunately I see behaviors which make me sad... I strongly believe that anybody is free to express himself in any way till the point is not bothering the others.

Once again thank you all.

Country
us-ohio
No expression of frustration intended. I just imagined that it might actually be of more help to post a solution since learning how to properly trigger and start/stop sound bits is a core skill when working with a third party sound module.

As for part 2: Too much repetitive idiocy. But you're right, I can't even use a cuss to provide at least a little vent for my frustration. So I'm out. X-Plane is much better and more interesting at the moment anyway.

Uh, fair enough... though I didn't see the OP as a request for code written. Just me seeing it differently. No harm, no foul. I hope.

I would prefer you stick around... you are part of the community here and that's important. I am concerned for your attitude because that always indicates something is amiss... and while you and I know each other as well as... well, nothing.... LOL... you are still a familiar "face" that has helped a great deal of people through the years. Seeing you "poke the bear" is concerning and I would like to see things better for you.

I have, many times, typed a response to a post (in many forae/forums/foru... places) that should never be posted... Lots of times. I know the frustration you speak of. I have learned to vent into the editor interface... then either correct things to be more tolerant or to simply post nothing at all.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Believe me Ed, I for one have certainly noticed how much more mellow you've become... :wave:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
*Sigh*
Alright, guys.
Although I'm not going to be able to get over my frustration with everything MSFS (no satisfaction with my work so far, so little help, way too little time, no evolving community) that easily, I figure stopping with the knowledge transfer would be the ultimate worst option.
But I figure I'll spend more time in that other simulator doing something I really haven't done in a long time - fly stuff others made.

Sorry for derailing your thread, Sakis.

If you want more insight in how to handle custom XML sounds using Doug's gauge, check out this short explanation I wrote on Avsim:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500597-add-apu-sound-to-aircraft/?do=findComment&comment=3539847

then tell me (or us) what you have got (in mater devs stuff). if you don't mind.

So far: Getting stuff from FSX to X-Plane would basically require starting over.

Country
indonesia
I starting use X-plane couple month ago, due to this video start at 00.10 when another aircraft passing through. the dynamic lighting are awesome. P3D v4 still behind in mater of lighting.

sorry @Sakis flooding with another topic.